Gingersnaps Organic

Contact 212-533-9939

113 W 10th St (at West Village, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10011

Combines house-made cuisine with the convenience of on-the-go. Fresh salads, juices, mezze plate, and primarily raw food (burger, wrap, pizza). Jan 2015 relocated from 130 E 7th St, East Village. Open Mon-Thu 8:30am-8:00pm, Fri 8:30am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by Kibbitzer

Nice but small portions - Edit

We had lunch here. The food was good - we had the ramen noodles, portobello reuben toast, cauliflower soup and a salad. The portions of the entrees though were very small, especially the toast, not nearly enough for lunch. Service was friendly. The setting was pleasant.

Cons: small portions

good(but pricey) if you're in the area - Edit

We were staying in Times Square(52nd street) but decided we would walk down to 11th street to give it a try. When we got there, it was very small and the girl behind the counter didn't seem overly happy. We got the ramen and the taco salad which were both pretty good but kinda small portions and both mainly lettuce. Plus they ran out of avocado for the taco salad but didn't warn us of that before-hand or do anything to replace it or change the price or anything. Then for dessert we got the espresso brownie, coconut cream pie, and doughnut hole. Threw the brownie away, pie was good but not overly flavorful and then the doughnut hole was good but extremely dry. For the most part, it was okay, don't get me wrong, but I've definitely had better at about half the price. If you're in the area, give it a try but definitely not worth the long walk.

Pros: all raw, plenty of options

Cons: just good, very pricey

YUM - Edit

This little raw/vegan/organic nook ended up being the perfect lunch stop...the food was fresh and delicious! The staff was also really nice. I ordered their nori rolls and the ramen noodles, and I was glad I did – both dishes were awesome. It was pretty expensive for the amount that they give you, but just because I really enjoyed it, the price was worth it (for a once-in-a-while treat!).

Pros: great food!, fresh, nice staff

Cons: expensive

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gingersnaps Organic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.