Ginger

+34-631565264

Av Arquitecto Gómez Cuesta, 4, Playa de la Américas, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain, 38650

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant offering vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options which are indicated on the menu. Sources local and organic where possible. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by SimplyIngrid

Loved it! - Edit

Very good food at reasonable price. The chef was very helpful and nice. Will definitely go there again!

Pros: Delicious food, Top service, Non vegan boyfriend loved the vegan options

Excellent fresh food - Edit

Good vegetarian food. It is a good place to go with non vegetarian friends and family. Very friendly service. The menu is not too extensive, which we consider a plus because it can mean all the food is prepared fresh. Our dishes were freshly made and plentiful. The roasted cauliflower was delicious, my wife had the beetroot risotto with goats cheese, also fresh and delicious. I think the negative reviews puzzling based on our experience. The starters and main meals were freshly made not bought from a supermarket. The prices are on the high side, but they are in a tourist spot and will have high overheads.

Pros: Freshly made, Friendly helpful service

Cons: A little bit expensive

Gingers 18 May 2018 - Thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated

Really bad food - Edit

The chef/boss should really look over their vegan menu (dont know anything about the meat or dairy meals though) the starter seemed to be bought from a cheap grocery store, the ”burger” of mushrooms – was it even baked/fried? It was like a pile of small mushroom parts. The cauliflower was a boiled one, topped with curry, and some chickpeas beneath.

Pros: Ok service

Cons: Really bad food, Bad taste, Bad texture and cooking

Gingers 17 May 2018 - Thank you for your feedback I am sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your meal. I would like to clarify a few things, all produce is freshly prepared in house with no brought in grocery produce. Our produce is locally sourced on a daily basis and organic where possible.

There was a mention to the server of strong flavours of garlic in the complimentary appetiser (you refer to as your starter). Id like to clarify that there was no garlic in the dish, it may have been the flavours of fresh tomato or onion which are the sole ingredients.

The cauliflower is baked in moroccan flavours, its not boiled. It is placed on a bed of chickpeas with sultanas, apricots and spinach, which, after being marinated is then cook in Moroccan spice fresh with each order.

The mushroom burger contains a blend of wild mushrooms and onions with herbs and seasoning which is then panfried.

I am really taken aback to learn, after the event that your meal was not enjoyed to our usual high satisfaction. When the main course plates return to the kitchen, I noticed that they were mostly empty with no feedback of it not being enjoyed, we could therefore assume that everything was to your liking.

Its always helpful to receive feedback and we’ve very proud to have been inundated with compliments. I would like to invite you to dine with us again to have the opportunity to change your views.

Head Chef
Ashley Wilkinson

Bad food - Edit

Feeling a bit bad for giving this place one star, but the food was truly horrible. The service was ok.

Pros: Service ok

Cons: Expensive in relation to what you get

Gingers 17 May 2018 - As you were dining with JohanDanielsson, Ive attached the same reply.

Head Chef
Ashley Wilkinson

Perfect choice for a big group - Edit

This is a great place if you are together with a non-vegan and you are trying to find something fancy but moderately priced. It is a very chill restaurant, so you don’t need to wear a fancy suit to be there. Food looked very nice and they even have vegan desert that is not just a sorbet.
The place is a bit out of your way. I wish they had a better location because their food is good and staff is very friendly. They had a lot of vegetarian options but vegans will be very happy as well.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, They can cater to your dietary restrictions , Cleanliness

Cons: Serves meat, Out of the way

Avatar KarlGinger

KarlGinger 30 Apr 2018 - Hello

Thanks for your great review, its very much appreciated. We've only been open for 7 weeks and catering for Vegan and Vegetarian is key to our menu. Our chef is creating new dishes all the time so please come and try us.

Our Moroccan spiced baked cauliflower, chickpea, spinach and sultana salad, our Sweet potato, chick pea and sultana coconut curry with noodles and our Canary squash filled with three bean chilli with garden salad are great HITS.

Please call 631 565 264 or email eat@gingers.es for a reservation.

Team GINGER

Return to Tenerife Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ginger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.