Ginger Hop

• Friend
612-746-0304

201 E Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55414

Serves meat, vegan options available. East-meets-West fusion restaurant and bar where the menu marks the vegetarian/vegan dishes. Sample offerings include vegan burger with fries or salad, fried bananas, fire noodles, salsa and nachos. Has happy hour specials and private dining room option. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-1:00am, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: American, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by EverydayTastiness

Love this place! - Edit

If I lived in a perfect world, I would get to eat their yellow curry with udon noodles and fried tofu every day. It is so tasty! I brought an omni friend here who tried my curry, and now he orders that dish every time. The spring rolls and sweet potato fries are pretty great too (spicy ketchup is really good!). I can't recall which cocktails I've tried, but have decided that it's safer to stick with beer.

All in all, this is a great place for vegans and omni's alike.

*NOTE*
I give this restaurant 5 stars. Happy Cow's rating scale only allows a maximum of 4 stars for establishments that are not fully vegan/vegetarian.

Pros: Spicy yellow udon curry w/crispy tofu , Beer

Cons: Friendliness/attentiveness of staff can be hit or

Fun Asian fusion - Edit

We went here for a birthday dinner; upscale enough for "dressy night out" but not too much for "easy, casual". Many nice booths and creative decor.

Menu was creative. Pickle satay (batter fried dill pickle w/ spicy ketchup dip) and mock duck satay (really nice mock duck) were a hit. My husband had the tempeh sloppy joe and really liked the flavors. I had the udon yellow curry; very good flavor, loved the huge udon/noodles, but the spiciness kicked my booty (granted I am a wimp, but kind of a bummer to be in pain while and after you eat). Had a "bartender's choice" mocktail; fruity thing that was unique and good.

The staff were nice enough, altho not well versed in polite discourse. Maybe it is just a "twenty-something/generational" thing, but greeting people with a smile, using regular language vs. restaurant jargon ("I'll put you at 68; I'll go put your apps up now") seemed to be missing.

Food and ambiance were good and worth a visit. If you are pickle fan, try the pickle satay! :)

Pros: Creative veg variety, Ambiance

Cons: Staff interactions (minor detail)

Great food, great price - Edit

I've been here for dinner. Had cocktails, starters and main course to share. Menu clearly identifies vegan meal by a "V" and there is a big variety to choose from. Just our waiter was a bit too active and check every 2 mins whether we are still doing good or want to order something. Relax! Definitely come back.

Pros: Delicious Food, Price, Nice venue

Cons: Proactivity of waiter

Great - Edit

Good east meets west bar food. Vegan items are clearly labeled. I like the Steven Segal tempeh burger. The yellow curry is also good.

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ginger Hop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.