Ginger Hop

• Friend
612-746-0304

201 E Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55414

Serves meat, vegan options available. East-meets-West fusion restaurant and bar where the menu marks the vegetarian/vegan dishes. Sample offerings include vegan burger with fries or salad, fried bananas, fire noodles, salsa and nachos. Has happy hour specials and private dining room option. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-1:00am, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: American, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by EverydayTastiness

Fun Asian fusion - Edit

We went here for a birthday dinner; upscale enough for "dressy night out" but not too much for "easy, casual". Many nice booths and creative decor.

Menu was creative. Pickle satay (batter fried dill pickle w/ spicy ketchup dip) and mock duck satay (really nice mock duck) were a hit. My husband had the tempeh sloppy joe and really liked the flavors. I had the udon yellow curry; very good flavor, loved the huge udon/noodles, but the spiciness kicked my booty (granted I am a wimp, but kind of a bummer to be in pain while and after you eat). Had a "bartender's choice" mocktail; fruity thing that was unique and good.

The staff were nice enough, altho not well versed in polite discourse. Maybe it is just a "twenty-something/generational" thing, but greeting people with a smile, using regular language vs. restaurant jargon ("I'll put you at 68; I'll go put your apps up now") seemed to be missing.

Food and ambiance were good and worth a visit. If you are pickle fan, try the pickle satay! :)

Pros: Creative veg variety, Ambiance

Cons: Staff interactions (minor detail)

Great food, great price - Edit

I've been here for dinner. Had cocktails, starters and main course to share. Menu clearly identifies vegan meal by a "V" and there is a big variety to choose from. Just our waiter was a bit too active and check every 2 mins whether we are still doing good or want to order something. Relax! Definitely come back.

Pros: Delicious Food, Price, Nice venue

Cons: Proactivity of waiter

Great - Edit

Good east meets west bar food. Vegan items are clearly labeled. I like the Steven Segal tempeh burger. The yellow curry is also good.

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ginger Hop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.