First Review by CiaraSlevin

Absolutely perfect evening out - Edit

I've been wanting to try Ginger Bistro for ages and managed to do so last night. I was delighted to discover they offer a full dedicated vegetarian menu and even more impressed when I spotted a couple of vegan options listed as well. The restaurant itself is charming, cosy, quirky and inviting with beautiful art hanging on sunny yellow walls, wooden flooring, warm lighting and an open kitchen so you can watch the Chefs work their magic. It has a relaxed atmosphere but also feels like a special, luxurious place to dine. The two gentlemen who served us were friendly, helpful and chatty without being intrusive - I would rate the service as the best I've experienced in any restaurant.

I ordered a starter of asparagus tempura with Asian salad which was fresh and tangy, main of sweet potato and chickpea fritters on a deliciously mild creamy spinach curry and a luscious melt in the middle chocolate pudding with fresh strawberries, raspberries and cream for dessert. My dinning partners shared a starter of breads with tapenade which I sampled and would highly recommend for the fresh taste and exceptionally generous portion - literally a huge basket of individual baked breads. The food was out of this world in terms of quality and taste. It was utterly delectable. In my party of four people every one of us thought it the best food we have tasted in a very long time.

We enjoyed our dining experience at Ginger Bistro so much that we are already planning a return visit. If you haven't been I'd recommend you try it, as a meal here makes for an exceptionally enjoyable evening out. This is exactly how a restaurant should be - Ginger Bistro is absolutely perfect in every way. I'd give it 5 stars on Happy Cow if I could.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 14, 2015

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ginger Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.