Ginger and Fig

Shop 5, Brooklyn Centre, 751 Jan Shoba Street, Pretoria, South Africa

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger restaurant where the chef is willing to accommodate vegan requests with advanced reservation (at least 72 hours). Ask for a vegan burger and try the cold chocolate soya milk shake. Open Mon 7:00am-5:30pm, Tue-Fri 6:00am-9:00pm, Sat 7:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by lilliebliss

No real vegan options as advertised. - Edit

Called the eatery on 28 Feb 2017 at 14h01 only to be told that they only have a veggie burger but that I could remove the goat's cheese if I don't want it. When I asked about the chocolate soy milkshake, I was told that they only have soy milk and no soy milkshake. Sadly, it is false advertising or the lady who answered my call had no idea what was available...who really knows. Very disappointed :-(

Ginger and Fig Burgers - Edit

This little Pretoria restaurant was booked out for a friend's birthday so I called ahead to let them know that there were two vegans coming. They were really friendly and had a long email correspondence with me, asking whether something was right for us and whether we liked certain things or not.

On the night the restaurant served us menus with the vegan options available to order, and they looked more tempting than anything else on the menu! (and there were some lovely sounding veg options). The burgers were delicious and they'd even gone as far as to make a home-made vegan mayo for us. Every single ingredient was considered carefully.

The restaurant is specifically focused on pairing milkshakes with burgers, and they have all sorts of interesting choices on the menu. They made us a special vegan shake with avocado, chocolate and soya milk - ice cold, creamy and full of flavour! It was really punchy, and super rich.

We had a wonderful experience at this restaurant as it's always fun when people make a concerted effort to impress you, not just to accommodate. I would recommend this little spot happily!

Pros: lovely atmosphere, delicious food, go the extra mile

Cons: no outside seating, must give notice, no standard vegan menu items

Return to Pretoria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ginger and Fig closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.