Gill's Lanai

808-315-1542

54-3866 Akoni Pule Hwy, Kapaau, Hawaii, USA, 96755

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small outdoor cafe on the highway. Offers vegan comfort food, clearly marked on menu, including apple/sage hot dogs. Owner knowledgeable about veganism and happy to accommodate.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by DWNPhoto

We loved it! - Edit

Great food - cheap eats - organic greens - nice staff - casual environment. Very laid back outdoor road side cafe - self bussing. Gill was super friendly and offered limited vegan options. It is definitely worth a return trip. The staff was easy going and willing to "create" a meal to accommodate our special needs. :-) So glad we finally gave it a go. In spite of the small vegan menu, we found our meals to be delicious and after getting a to-go menu realized there were many sides we might augment our meal with next time. YAY! Something local, reasonable, and fast. The only bummer is that Happy Cow will not allow us to give it five stars because it is only veg friendly and not fully vegetarian. My rating is five stars not the four stars they allow me. This place has something for everybody and that is worth a lot right there.

Pros: Good quality food., Inexpensive, Casual environment.

Fun and delicious by the road eatery - Edit

If you're expecting something fancy or even full restaurant from a place that has porch in the name... you're at the wrong place.

Perfect to grab a quick lunch, we couldn't have been happier. The vegan truffles were to die for, and my wife very much liked her tofu banh mi. I was surprised and delighted with my loaded field roast dog.

Couple cans of soda later and we were refreshed and ready for the afternoon.

Pros: Good food, Fast service, Inexpensive

Return to Kapaau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gill's Lanai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.