Gill's Lanai

808-315-1542

54-3866 Akoni Pule Hwy, Kapaau, Hawaii, USA, 96755

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small outdoor cafe on the highway. Offers vegan comfort food, clearly marked on menu, including apple/sage hot dogs. Owner knowledgeable about veganism and happy to accommodate.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by DWNPhoto

Excellent Food and Awesome Local Vibe - Edit

We popped in for lunch with our Omni family on a family vacation. As far as options there were only two that I could see. The vegan apple sage field roast hot dog with chips that my husband and boys had and the lemongrass tofu sandwich that I had. It was all very very good and relatively quick with the large party we had. My Omni family enjoyed their dishes as well. Small little outdoor eating area where we were able to chat it up with locals. Definitely a great little stop on the big island.

Fun and delicious by the road eatery - Edit

If you're expecting something fancy or even full restaurant from a place that has porch in the name... you're at the wrong place.

Perfect to grab a quick lunch, we couldn't have been happier. The vegan truffles were to die for, and my wife very much liked her tofu banh mi. I was surprised and delighted with my loaded field roast dog.

Couple cans of soda later and we were refreshed and ready for the afternoon.

Pros: Good food, Fast service, Inexpensive

Return to Kapaau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gill's Lanai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.