Giac Duc

• Vegetarian

492 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, P4, Q3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam,

Traditional Vietnamese buffet in addition to a full menu. Also sells packaged foods, both fresh and dry. No MSG added. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily 6am-11pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by natran

Giac Duc, Ho Chi Minh - Edit

I stumbled on this place by chance (at time of writing the map marker is pointing to the incorrect place I 've just submitted a request for that to be corrected). It has a big front right on the corner and so is easy to spot.

I showed the waitress a Vietnamese text and pictorial representation of what vegan means. She replied indicating there's no egg, dairy nor honey added used in preparing the food. Whether though that also includes the mock meats, you need someone with better grasp of Vietnamese than me to ask. There is still though an abundace of dishes without mock meat to choose from for those who prefer.

There's a whole bunch of food laid out in the counter. Me and my co diner thought the food was inexpensive and tasty. we've just filled up for lunch for 138 000 dong. Your dong seems to go a long way in that place.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Inexpensive & tasty

Ok place - Edit

I went here in Jan 2011. My stir fry was fine but luke warm. It did come with some nice ginger flavoured soup that again was luke warm. The fact that nothing was hot made me wonder how long ago it had been prepared.

Pros: easy to find

food is ok, Service not that great - Edit

This restaurant is more like a food to go place back in the states. The food is ok, with lots of fake chicken and beef, which I don't particularly like since most are synthetic stuff from China. There are not a lot of vegetable choices. I think they only had one tray of brocoli or green beans. The seaweed soup is good.
The service is not very nice. When you come, the staff just stare at you or ignore you until you get their attention. I don't know, but this happens a lot at VN everyday restaurants. Maybe it's just a Vietnamese thing.

Pros: good selcction, easy to find

Cons: lots of processed fake meat, not enough vegetables options, bad service

Return to Ho Chi Minh City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Giac Duc closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 829 times since Aug 2007.