GhEA

+39-258110980

Via Valenza 5, Milan, Italy, 20144

Food served at the buffet and from time to time the waiter brings hot dishes from the kitchen. Happy hour Tue-Sat. Open Tue-Fri 12:30pm-2:30pm, Tue-Sun 7:30pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:30pm-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Buffet, Juice bar

First Review by L_Almo_Clelarco

good food - Edit

The food is great, the location is pretty nice and the prices are super. The staff is a bit arrogant not that open and friendly as you wish to experience in such a place.

Pros: food , location , price

Cons: staff , wine selection (warm), catering never calls you back for infos

great food and service - Edit

I had the temph and my friend had the spelt pasta both great and presentation of food is beautiful. The service is good and it's a beautiful upscale restaurant. Will be back when I'm back in Milan. Visiting from Chicago.

Fantastic dinner! - Edit

I had an amazing dinner at Ghea, from the appetizer to the dessert. All the food was tasteful and light, the flavours were excellently balanced. Only coffee wasn't what I call a good coffee.
The location is big, relaxing and very elegant, the waiters were kind and likeable!

Pros: Excellent food, Nice location

Cons: High prices

A step up - Edit

GhEa offers ample variety of well-presented, organic, vegan delights - including both light and filling items - and everything I sampled from the buffet was excellent.

Recommended!

easter lunch - Edit

always a cozy place, many dische's choice and nice staff.
it's my 4th time and i come back as soon as I can

Pros: everything is vegan

Cons: medium/high price €€€

How a service style may influence your experience - Edit

Elegant and refined environment, excellent food quality and delightful visual presentation. However, my overall experience was unsatisfying: the service is extremely slow and the staff lacks attentiveness.
The spiced quinoa with Autumn vegetables is fantastic. The “tris di seitan” (three different fried bocconcini) was disappointing, from concept to execution.
We didn’t try desserts.

Pros: creative menu

Cons: overpriced, unsatisfactory service

Awesomeness has a price - Edit

After the Vegan Chef Marco Bortolon improved the menu of the restaurant, quality of dishes has dramatically improved.

I suggest to try the "Menù degustazione" that allows you to taste 5 or 7 small portions of the available dishes. Unfortunately quality has a price and at Ghea it is quite high: the "Menù degustazione" 5 dishes starts at € 30, drinks and desserts excluded. Wine adds much more "expensiveness" to the bill.

The environment is nice, neat and clean. Soft lights during the evening makes it also suitable for dates and romantic dinners.

Friends told me on several occasions the owner didn't treat waiters very well. It has never happened while I was there but it would be very disappointing.

It's not the restaurant to go daily but on special occasions it will help ending the night properly. Ohh it will, if you know what I mean ;)

On thursday evening usually between 6pm and 8pm, before dinner, there's the "Aperitivo" time. Read @kenvegan review to know about it.

P.S. the black bread with seeds is excellent too!

Pros: Excellent food, Nice and neat

Cons: Price

Excellent Aperitivo! - Edit

Eight Euros for all-you-can eat delicious gourmet vegan food and one drink? Yes! You read this correctly, and the food is wonderful! Just come by at 6PM to 8PM, and indulge! I have heard that regular meals here are even more delicious.

Pros: Food , Ambiance

Nice place, atmosphere spoiled by waiter - Edit

We have been to Ghea for a buffet aperitivo.
The place is nice, a bit hidden from the road, so not easy to find.
When we entered we were swiftly seated and served.
The waiter was very kind. We ordered two fruit juices. We asked for a sweet one and ended up drinking a mandarin based one, bitter, freshly made but probably the juice of the day since we saw it served to many other tables.
Food buffet was ok but nothing special. Sometimes out of the kitchen came some hot dishes which were overall good.
The worst part was the main waiter being very rude to other waiter, while very kind to customers, in a Jeckill-Hide way.
He overheard him say to a waitres something like:
"Don't tell me your ideas. Nobody cares about them!"
or else
"Come, I'll tell you wich wine to advice. Like this one, we have many bottles left!".
Now, I'm realistic, but fron a vegetarian place I would expect a different behaviour towards human beings!
In the end, I asked to take a look to the restaurant list. Food seemed interesting, although a bit pricey.
As a whole it's a pity, the place is freshly open and it may need time. But as of now, if it doesn't improve I don't think I'll return.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 26, 2013

Pros: Cozy location

Cons: Rude waiter, Average food

Return to Milan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has GhEA closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.