George's

19 Queensgate, Inverness, Scotland, IV1 1DF

Serves meat, vegan options available. Relaxed place with interesting Thai decor. Make Thai food and South Indian food with meats, but will accommodate vegans - call ahead to let them know. Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Indian, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by radiocaz

Stay away if possible - Edit

Some warning signs I ignored:
First, when you enter you are hit with "kitchen smell". Not tasty food smell but the old oil smell.
Second, when you enter the restaurant was almost absolutely full. Usually a good sign but could also mean too many just like me followed HappyCow/TripAdvisor/ Yelp guideline and the restaurant might not be able to handle crowds.
Third, having reviewed the menu and ignored the first two warning signs, I ran after the waitress saying we're ready to order. I should have figured out by now that of they cannot take orders on a timely manner, food will not come quickly either.

Food turned out to be heavy, not particularly good on taste and arrived 45 minutes after we placed the order.

I never realised preparing Palak Paneer and Paneer Makhani was so complicated.

Fantastic for South Indian food - Edit

We came here in a group of 15 or so vegans. George was fantastic at catering for us and they laid out an all-vegan buffet - It was heaven!
I have been several times as a vegetarian before and the options are unusual, varied and delicious. This was my first time asking for vegan options and I was so impressed. I just hope they will be just as accommodating if I come in just a pair of diners next time. :)

Pros: Delicious Food, Accommodating Management, Great value

Cons: Toilets need a refurb.

Return to Inverness Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has George's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.