Contact 617-720-1050

5 N Square, North End (at Hanover St), Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 02113

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a vegan ravioli filled with seasonal vegetables and salsa di pomodoro condiment, other pastas with sauce that are or can be made vegan. Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Surfinboy

Is butter and cheese vegan? Didn't think so - Edit

Wow, this might be the most disappointing experience I've had. First off, my girlfriend and are vegan and asked for the vegan menu, yet we were served butter. We specified we were both vegan, a little butter won't kill me, but I'll pray for anyone with a nut or seafood allergy. We went for lunch and the vegan menu was meant for dinner (and extremely overpriced, considering the quality and quantity of our food). The food was not terrible just extremely overpriced (we did send back the "vegan" dish that had butter, and they did replace it with a vegan one, and it's honestly worth wondering if they simply washed it off the butter and added garlic and oil). Vegans and people seeking a fair value, avoid at all costs

Pros: Location, Ambiance

Cons: Erroneous (vegan menu served had dairy), Price, Food quality

disappointing - Edit

The service was slow and unhelpful. Our waitperson did not get what vegan meant. The vegan ravioli was the worst meal I had on my entire vacation. A few boring steamed vegetables inside the pasta. No interesting spices. I got the one "sauce" that was listed as vegan, called broccoli rabe, but it was not a sauce, just a heap of limp steamed broccoli rabe piled on top of the ravioli.

Separate Vegan Menu - Edit

What a great spot: In North Boston, separate Vegan menu with multiple entree and app options. The server was respectful and knowedgeable about the vegan lifestyle. If in Boston and craving classic italian with a vegan twist this is a must stop.

Great to find vegan food! - Edit

Boston is a FAB city but there are very few choices for vegans/ vegetarians & there is so much fast & unhealthy food everywhere! Hence it was lovely to take a tourist break in the North End & have a LOVELY & TASTY vegan ravioli & to in a friendly environment! The vegan menu is not on display so just go right in & ask for it!

I wouldn't go back - Edit

Vegan ravioli was bland. Called for take out and was initially hung up on. Called back and was told order would be ready in 15-20 minutes. They kept me waiting there for an hour. If you still want to go ask for vegan specials not on the menu. Those were good.

Total thumbs up! - Edit

I was amazed to find a vegan-friendly restaurant in the North End, and this place was fantastic. I started with a bean soup and had a vegan ravioli - both were absolutely delicious. The staff was very friendly and the service was great. Total thumbs up!

Return to Boston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gennaro's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4087 times since Nov 2012.