Genesis

Contact 64387118

115 Owen Rd, Central Singapore, Singapore, 049014

Vegetarian restaurant under different ownership from the Genesis that was at 1 Lorong Telok. Nearest mrt station - Farrer Park. Mon-Thu 9:30am-9:00pm, Sun 9:30am-9:00pm, Fri 9:30am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan, Chinese, International, Organic, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Vegan Yoko

recommend it - Edit

Very nice place, friendly people, amazing food (tofu cheese cake, do i need to say more?), affordable prices. I highly recommend taking dessert after your meal, it's so worth it and the amandel-rice drink is so yammie! 😃

"Let there be light" and there was light - Edit

We visited Genesis twice during our stay and I would definitely say it was one of the best places we dined in. The options available are excellent and the food is exquisite. We ordered the braised vermicelli noodles, bibimbap with kimchi and dip, the steamed dumplings, which we had read were the best in Singapore and a chicken rice that we got free as they had one spare. The steamed dumplings were amazing and by far the best we have ever had and both the noodles and bibimbap were delicious and flavoursome. On our second visit we ordered the yubo rolls, Japanese noodles and tofu cheesecake. Again the food was divine. There are also a fine selection of drinks available such as the burdock tea and lavender cranberry juice that are well worth checking out. Genesis also sells wholefoods and breads and the loaf we bought was just what we needed for our long journey home to the UK. If I did have one con it would be that they are not open on a Friday evening or at all on a Saturday.

Pros: Fantastic food, Good prices, Lovely staff

Cons: Not open Friday or Saturday evening

fantastic healthy meal - Edit

first if all I have to stress how east it is to get here. come out if farrer park at exit d, walk 2 minutes turn left, and it's two minutes on the left.
what an enjoyable experience we had at genesis. fantastic people who were delighted to see us, and provided a wonderful dining experience.
a real emphasis on organic, no homo, healthy, balanced meals. all the mock meats are made on site,they make and sell nut butters, granola and a decent selection if organic goods.
we had a rice claypot, chicken rice, nasi lemak and a side of fantastic steamed dumplings. all served with a delicious organic mint tea

each dish was well balanced with dark greens, tofu/mock meat, rice and another veg or two. none of the dishes were fried giving a completely new taste to other restaurants we have visited. really tasty food, full of flavours and without the use of chilli.
had great chat with the staff who were all really nice.
get on the mrt and visit genesis for a fantastic balanced meal.

Pros: choice, healthy, stafg

Amazing! - Edit

They are serving buffet lunch every Friday between 12pm to 2:30pm, $18/person.
So I visited there on Friday, all foods are delicious :) and restaurant is clean and comfortable.
If I visit Singapore again, I'll visit there definitely!!

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Genesis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8539 times since Aug 2007.