Genesis

115 Owen Rd, Central Singapore, Singapore, 049014

Vegetarian restaurant under different ownership from the Genesis that was at 1 Lorong Telok. Nearest mrt station - Farrer Park. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, International, Organic, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Vegan Yoko

Best dumplings ever tried - Edit

Nice restaurant , very familiar . Owner is nice . Singaporean vegan food . Loved the dumplings . Are amazing .

Very good - Edit

Very good food, healthy and light. The restaurant is nice and clean, the service is friendly and efficient.

Pros: good food, good service

Cons: a little bit pticey

Healthy and Delicious - Edit

Very simple salon with good service and flexibility on the menu.
Delicious food. Worthy trying the dumplings!
Food is very tasty and not spicy.

Pros: Good food, Flexibility to change ingredients

Cons: Not open on Saturdays

Delicious vegan option for real Singapore food! - Edit

If you're looking for a non-touristy Singapore food experience without having to worry about getting something non-vegan, this is an amazing place to go. It's in the middle of an industrial/business side of town with residences nearby, but if you're a tourist who wants to see "real life" Singapore without the flash and dazzle of Orchard Road, this is a great place to go. The restaurant itself is very clean, although a bit on the warm side, and it's relatively quiet. The menu offers primarily Asian foods, but there are some Western foods as well. On the blackboard, they also list daily specials or meals otherwise not listed on the menu.

On the table, they offer silverware and napkins, but the server gave me reusable chopsticks to use. Some of the meals clearly cannot be eaten with chopsticks, so I appreciated the easy access to silverware. I ordered the dumplings, fish head vermicelli, and mint tea. The dumplings came out first, freshly made and served with a spicy orange dipping sauce, which was amazing. The fish head vermicelli came out piping hot, along with very hot mint tea with the leaves still floating in it. This is the second time I've been impressed with the analogue fish here in Singapore, and it was quite tasty with excellent contrast in textures, which is a common complaint I have with most noodle soups. I was very full by the time I finished the meal so I didn't order dessert, but I'll be saving that for next time!

Overall, the meal was my favorite that I had in Singapore. It's completely vegan, the staff was friendly and interested in how I found out about the restaurant, and the food was amazing. I only wish I had tried it sooner so I could have had multiple meals there!

Pros: Feels like a non-tourist authentic food experience, Friendly staff, Clean restaurant

Cons: Can be tricky to find, Hours occasionally inaccurate

Best I had this trip - Edit

This was a most successful lunch. A clean (although I did not use the toilet so cannot vouch for that), fresh little café with a good variety of vegan only fare on the menu. I had the Nori Rolls and the Lasagne. My husband had the Dumplings and the 7 Stack (Mexican style). My favourites were the dumplings and the lasagne. We also had the mint tea which is superb. A very friendly and lovely lady named Jenny (spelling may be incorrect) served us and we enjoyed chatting with her. Would definitely go back if we are back this way ... Wish it was in our home town (Auckland).

recommend it - Edit

Very nice place, friendly people, amazing food (tofu cheese cake, do i need to say more?), affordable prices. I highly recommend taking dessert after your meal, it's so worth it and the amandel-rice drink is so yammie! ?

"Let there be light" and there was light - Edit

We visited Genesis twice during our stay and I would definitely say it was one of the best places we dined in. The options available are excellent and the food is exquisite. We ordered the braised vermicelli noodles, bibimbap with kimchi and dip, the steamed dumplings, which we had read were the best in Singapore and a chicken rice that we got free as they had one spare. The steamed dumplings were amazing and by far the best we have ever had and both the noodles and bibimbap were delicious and flavoursome. On our second visit we ordered the yubo rolls, Japanese noodles and tofu cheesecake. Again the food was divine. There are also a fine selection of drinks available such as the burdock tea and lavender cranberry juice that are well worth checking out. Genesis also sells wholefoods and breads and the loaf we bought was just what we needed for our long journey home to the UK. If I did have one con it would be that they are not open on a Friday evening or at all on a Saturday.

Pros: Fantastic food, Good prices, Lovely staff

Cons: Not open Friday or Saturday evening

fantastic healthy meal - Edit

first if all I have to stress how east it is to get here. come out if farrer park at exit d, walk 2 minutes turn left, and it's two minutes on the left.
what an enjoyable experience we had at genesis. fantastic people who were delighted to see us, and provided a wonderful dining experience.
a real emphasis on organic, no homo, healthy, balanced meals. all the mock meats are made on site,they make and sell nut butters, granola and a decent selection if organic goods.
we had a rice claypot, chicken rice, nasi lemak and a side of fantastic steamed dumplings. all served with a delicious organic mint tea

each dish was well balanced with dark greens, tofu/mock meat, rice and another veg or two. none of the dishes were fried giving a completely new taste to other restaurants we have visited. really tasty food, full of flavours and without the use of chilli.
had great chat with the staff who were all really nice.
get on the mrt and visit genesis for a fantastic balanced meal.

Pros: choice, healthy, stafg

Amazing! - Edit

They are serving buffet lunch every Friday between 12pm to 2:30pm, $18/person.
So I visited there on Friday, all foods are delicious :) and restaurant is clean and comfortable.
If I visit Singapore again, I'll visit there definitely!!

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Genesis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.