Gelateria Stefino Bio

• Other Other
Contact 0515874331

via San Vitale 37/a, Bologna, Italy, 40126

Organic gelateria, since 1999; previously at Via Petroni 1/c. Offers several gelato made with rice milk along with frozen fruit sorbet flavors that are vegan. Watch the Cow's interview with the owner, Stefano: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPOI5BCR2A Open Thu-Sat 4:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 1:00pm-9:30pm.

First Review by Alessandro

Good ice cream but I expected more - Edit

The atmosphere in the shop was a bit cold, due to the neon light and lack of customers when I entered the shop at 6.30 pm. The street was a bit dark, not as colourful as others and there were no customers.

The staff was very friendly and explained me the symbols on the flavours (green = vegan).

I expected more flavours but I was satisfied with what I got. Due to a misunderstanding, I got 3 different kinds of ice cream in a little cup. I could try the different flavours but I wish, I had got more ;)

Be sure to choose a big cup if you want more ice cream.
The ice cream didn't melt too quickly and tasted good, especially 'gianduia'.

Pros: Some chairs would be nice., A warm light to give the place a welcoming atmosph, More fruit based kinds of flavours.

Cons: Some chairs to sit would be nice., A warm light to give the place a welcoming atmosph, More fruit based kinds of flavours. Coconut milk w

Do not miss this spot! - Edit

Went here almost every day for the week we spent in the Bologna region. As a vegan, I felt it was my duty to indulge in their rice milk based creamy ice creams and report back on them back to happy cow! I can confirm that this place is AMAZING. You're welcome.

There are about 10 rice-based vegan flavours, 5-6 water based a few raw milk based flavours. My personal favourites were the creamy rice-milk options including pistachio (mediterraneo) and hazelnut (nocciolate) flavours. Also loved the coffee (caffe) and coconut (coco) flavours. If you are in the area - do not miss this spot!

There is no seating other than a bench on the sidewalk/pavement across from the shop that seats about 4-5.

If you are staying in the area and have a freezer - you can buy this by the tub.

The sign above the shop says that it is open from midday to 11pm daily.

Pros: VEGAN ICE-CREAM, VEGAN ICE-CREAM, VEGAN ICE-CREAM

Cons: No seating

Only one of that kind - Edit

Great gelato, supernatural and vegan. Never seen and tasted anything like that, ever. Five stars all the way.

Pros: taste, healthy

Cons: they don't open a chain! :-)

Unusual Flavours - Edit

I found this little place by accident on a scorching hot day. The flavours of ice-cream on offer were unusual, e.g. lemon and basil -- but very tasty and refreshing.

They said they made their ice-cream from rice of all things. Very nice and worth the visit.

yummy - Edit

I think it has now another address.
We were there last week and there are a large choice of vegan ice cream. Almond, chocolate, gianduia, cocco, and fruit ice cream...
Very good!

Pros: Large choice vegan, Not so expensive, Yummy

Return to Bologna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gelateria Stefino Bio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.