Ice cream shop with many vegan options made with rice milk. Cones are vegan too. Ask the salesgirl about the vegan options available, which are usually listed inside the shop. more-less
Corso di Porta Romana 126
Milan, Italy 20122
+39-294390580
Now Open

Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am

First Review by devu
SuneChristianLodal
SuneChristianLodal

great icecream clearly labeled :-)

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2015

Icecream, cones and chocolate balls all clearly labeled and tasting great (y)

namdhyan
namdhyan

Tasty gelato

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2015

The vegan flavours were clearly marked and there were plenty of them to choose from. We tried the chocolate, pistachio, chocolate chip and almond flavours, all of which were delicious. The salesperson spoke English well enough but was obviously very busy with something in the back of the shop, so the service could've been a bit friendlier. It was nice being able to sit inside the gelateria and enjoy our servings.

Pros: Delicious gelato, Many vegan options, Seats for customers inside
Sassburger
Sassburger

Great Flavors

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2015

There was five vegan Flavors to choose from plus the sorbet. I had Baci and Choc Chip in a vegan cone. Was lovely and creamy and amazing. My partner had hazelnut and pistachio. Yummy!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Creamy

L_Almo_Clelarco
L_Almo_Clelarco

At the moment my favourite vegan Gelato in Milano

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2015

What else to say?
Very good Gelato, labelled vegan, a good choice of flavours.
A place to try

devu
devu

Oh my God

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

Before "Gelateria di Porta Romana" I ate only industrial soy ice cream. It comes in 2 or 4 flavours and it's awfully fake.

Lately many ice cream shops started to produce "sorbetto" with fruit flavours, ice cream without cow milk. But egg white? Who knows... if you asked shop assistants often they didn't know.

Then came "Gelateria di Porta Romana", and finally vegans in Milan (vegan turists and everyone who wants to give it a try) has a proper vegan ice cream.

D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

The Gelateria is not completely vegan, it's a traditional ice cream shop with a vegan corner. You just have to ask which are the vegan options available and the shop assistant will bring you to the vegan zone.

It's hard to say what's my favourite vegan flavour... I'd say all. I've tried (and loved) figs, dark chocolate, hazelnut, almond, coconut, pistachio, coffee, vanilla, stracciatella, cream...

If undecided, they let you taste a small teaspoon of the flavours!

Disclamer: I'm not paid by the owner to write this review and I'm not the owner :)

Pros: Awesome
Cons: Not all flavours are vegan, ask!

Dear Owner and Manager of Gelateria Porta Romana: