Ice cream shop with many vegan options made with rice milk. Cones are vegan too. Ask the salesgirl about the vegan options available, which are usually listed inside the shop. more-less
Corso di Porta Romana 126

devu
devu

Oh my God

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

Before "Gelateria di Porta Romana" I ate only industrial soy ice cream. It comes in 2 or 4 flavours and it's awfully fake.

Lately many ice cream shops started to produce "sorbetto" with fruit flavours, ice cream without cow milk. But egg white? Who knows... if you asked shop assistants often they didn't know.

Then came "Gelateria di Porta Romana", and finally vegans in Milan (vegan turists and everyone who wants to give it a try) has a proper vegan ice cream.

D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

The Gelateria is not completely vegan, it's a traditional ice cream shop with a vegan corner. You just have to ask which are the vegan options available and the shop assistant will bring you to the vegan zone.

It's hard to say what's my favourite vegan flavour... I'd say all. I've tried (and loved) figs, dark chocolate, hazelnut, almond, coconut, pistachio, coffee, vanilla, stracciatella, cream...

If undecided, they let you taste a small teaspoon of the flavours!

Disclamer: I'm not paid by the owner to write this review and I'm not the owner :)

Pros: Awesome
Cons: Not all flavours are vegan, ask!

Dear Owner and Manager of Gelateria Porta Romana: