First Review by devu

OMGGGG SO GOOD!!

OMG finally all the vegan flavors you dream of like: chocolate, pistachio, stracciatella...not just the usual sorbets!! Vegan flavors are marked clearly and they also have vegan cones. Hell yeah!! Will definitely come back.

Tasty gelato

The vegan flavours were clearly marked and there were plenty of them to choose from. We tried the chocolate, pistachio, chocolate chip and almond flavours, all of which were delicious. The salesperson spoke English well enough but was obviously very busy with something in the back of the shop, so the service could've been a bit friendlier. It was nice being able to sit inside the gelateria and enjoy our servings.

Pros: Delicious gelato, Many vegan options, Seats for customers inside

Great Flavors

There was five vegan Flavors to choose from plus the sorbet. I had Baci and Choc Chip in a vegan cone. Was lovely and creamy and amazing. My partner had hazelnut and pistachio. Yummy!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Creamy

Oh my God

Before "Gelateria di Porta Romana" I ate only industrial soy ice cream. It comes in 2 or 4 flavours and it's awfully fake.

Lately many ice cream shops started to produce "sorbetto" with fruit flavours, ice cream without cow milk. But egg white? Who knows... if you asked shop assistants often they didn't know.

Then came "Gelateria di Porta Romana", and finally vegans in Milan (vegan turists and everyone who wants to give it a try) has a proper vegan ice cream.

D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

The Gelateria is not completely vegan, it's a traditional ice cream shop with a vegan corner. You just have to ask which are the vegan options available and the shop assistant will bring you to the vegan zone.

It's hard to say what's my favourite vegan flavour... I'd say all. I've tried (and loved) figs, dark chocolate, hazelnut, almond, coconut, pistachio, coffee, vanilla, stracciatella, cream...

If undecided, they let you taste a small teaspoon of the flavours!

Disclamer: I'm not paid by the owner to write this review and I'm not the owner :)

Pros: Awesome

Cons: Not all flavours are vegan, ask!

Return to Milan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gelateria Porta Romana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 847 times since Sep 2013.