Gelateria Paradiso

• Other Other
Contact 0660494

Edif. Pombo, Calle de la Estrallla con Calle del Cuartel, Esquina, Cartagena, Colombia,

Gelato shop in historic old town. Offers 6 - 10 vegan flavors each day. Staff does not understand vegan or vegano, so ask which ones are sin leche. Variety of unusal fruits like uva de isabella, zapote, nispero, lulo, guanabana. Mon-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm

First Review by Stevie

Awesome! - Edit

This place is great. The shop is very cute, air-conditioned and there's quite a bit of seating. The fruit flavours made with water are vegan and are marked with blue labels. All of the flavours I had were delicious. The staff were sweet and happy to give samples of any flavours you're curious about (there are a lot based on Colombian fruits which you might not be familiar with). Be warned that it can get a bit pricey (by Colombian standards) once you start getting multiple flavours!

Sample your tropical fruits in ice cream form - Edit

Over the two days we were in Cartagena, we went to this place 3 times - partly for the yummy sorbet, partly for the air conditioning. Make sure you ask for a taste of the more exotic sorbets - zapote, Colombian tangy grape, etc.

Very nice sorbet flavours, rude staff - Edit

We were in Cartagena for two days and went here to get ice cream twice. The second time the staff was really rude to us, gossiping in Spanish about us right in front of us and then being very impolite. Maybe they don't like tourists... Ice cream was very nice, they have tons of flavours without milk and they give you a lot. Cosy interior. A bit expensive in my opinion though!

Pros: cosy interior, lots of vegan flavours

Cons: rude staff, pricy

Great vegan ice creams - Edit

Wonderful range of vegan options at this ice cream parlour. All looked delicious and many to choose from.

Place is also easy to find and staff are helpful (although they didn't speak any EN).

I went for a 2-scoop combo for P 7,000 (USD 3.50)

Pros: Great range of delicious flavours, Easy to find and central

Cons: Bit pricey

Gelataria Paradiso, Cartagena - Edit

I'm not usually much of an ice cream head but in this heat, why not?

This place is in the old, town and the girl who served me was very friendly. As per the suggestion on happycow, I asked what was 'sin leche'. There was too many in the answer for me to comprehend, ewsp with my limited Spanish. I asked the girl for a recommendation and whatever it was she gave me (it had a little of lemon in amongst it tasted like to me, it was very nice.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Nice staff, central

Return to Cartagena Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gelateria Paradiso closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 979 times since Jun 2012.