Gastrop Pod Cafe

( 1 review )
+44-1629824833

National Stone Centre, Porter Lane, Wirksworth, England, DE4 4LS

Serves meat, vegan options available. Inside the National Stone Centre (free entry) and just off the High Peak Trail. Seasonal menu with light lunches (e.g. soup and jacket potatoes) and cakes including vegan options. Children's menu includes beans on toast (vegan). Soya milk available for hot drinks. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Bakery, British, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by VeganAnnaS

Great place - Edit

I visited at the weekend with a large group of geologists (20+). As we were such a big group we pre-ordered before our tour of the stone centre which worked well. Service was friendly and efficient. You don't have to visit the stone centre to use the cafe (although it is very interesting and free so worth a look).
The cafe is a lovely bright welcoming space with large windows and plenty of tables. The menu is seasonal and we enjoyed the Halloween theme which included a butternut squash soup and jacket potatoes. My jacket potato was oven cooked and fluffy with a crispy skin, just as I like it. I also tried a piece of vegan coffee and walnut cake (delicous) and a soya latte. The coffee was good and they had a nice range of teas which came in a pot. All were reasonably priced.

Pros: Lovely bright space, Vegan options including cake, Good service

Cons: Not all veg*an

Return to Wirksworth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gastrop Pod Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.