Gaspare Ristorante Pizzeria

+31-71-513-0155

Nieuwe Rijn 42, Leiden, Netherlands, 2312 JG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Authentic Italian restaurant that also has a separate vegetarian and vegan menu that includes pasta, pizza with vegan cheese available, risotto and dessert. For summer months has a spacious terrace located on the New Rhine. Open Mon-Sun 4:30pm-10:00pm. Apr-Sep opens at 12:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Nienke

Many vegan choices! - Edit

Nice restaurant that also serves meat/fish-courses. We were told by the cheff that he is a vegan himself since 7 years now.

The last page of the menu has only vegan options (9 starters, 10 first courses and 3 second courses; they got sorbet as well on a separate menu). You can also order the pizzas with vegan cheese.

In the two times we went here, we had the eggplant-rolls as a starter and the pizza Melanzana (vegan cheese), ravioli filled with asperges (not yet on the menu) and pasta with mushrooms, truffles and "vegan" parmezan. All dishes tasted great, especially the last one.

Conclusion:
great place, where I would love to go again whenever visiting Leiden.

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-13

Pros: Many vegan options, excellent food, enthousiastic attitude of staff

Cons: none

Gaspare - Edit

I really enjoyed eating at this restaurant.

We came here with a group of 10 people, and they asked us pretty soon if there were vegetarians or vegans among us. For those of us who were, there was a separate menu with many different options. They even had the option of pizza with vegan cheese.

I finally chose the aubergine rolls, which were lovely, and the penne with small chuncks of soy. After that, the waiter asked me if I would like a vegan desert - they had one option, something with chocolate - but I was too satisfied already and just ordered a cup of tea ;)

The others in our group, those who ordered meat or fish, were also positive about their meal.

Especially in the city of Leiden, this is a nice option to go to. I don't know why I didn't discover it before.

Pros: Not expensive, Large number of vegan and vegetarian options, Nice atmosphere

Return to Leiden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gaspare Ristorante Pizzeria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.