Gaspare Ristorante Pizzeria

+31-715130155

Nieuwe Rijn 42, Leiden, Netherlands, 2312 JG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant with a separate vegetarian and vegan menu that includes pasta, pizza with vegan cheese, risotto and dessert. In summer months there terrace seating located on the New Rhine. Open Mon-Sun 4:30pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Nienke

perfect - Edit

A perfect Italian restaurant with lots of vegan options!

Cons: not 100% vegan yet

All vegan pizza's vegan! - Edit

They currently updated their menu. It's now possible to order every pizza you like, vegan style. They also offer some pasta's with vegan cheese. Last time I went there, they also started serving vegan wines. It gets better and better. Lovely place, with real italian food.

Pros: Almost everything on the menu can be served vegan , Friendly staff, Vegan wine

Cons: Crowdy

What a gem! - Edit

After hearing and reading enthusiastic reports about this place from fellow vegans, I finally went here myself, together with 2 friends. And we were not disappointed! The very friendly staff showed us an extensive vegan menu with options for all courses (and a great vegan desert which was not even on the menu). We ordered different things and shared, but it was impossible to try it all. Everything was delicious. I loved the place right away and will be back soon (and bring them a Happy Cow window sticker).

I would give 5 stars, but since they are an omni place it can be 4 only ;-).

Pros: great food, loads of vegan options, very friendly staff

Many vegan choices! - Edit

Nice restaurant that also serves meat/fish-courses. We were told by the cheff that he is a vegan himself since 7 years now.

The last page of the menu has only vegan options (9 starters, 10 first courses and 3 second courses; they got sorbet as well on a separate menu). You can also order the pizzas with vegan cheese.

In the two times we went here, we had the eggplant-rolls as a starter and the pizza Melanzana (vegan cheese), ravioli filled with asperges (not yet on the menu) and pasta with mushrooms, truffles and "vegan" parmezan. All dishes tasted great, especially the last one.

Conclusion:
great place, where I would love to go again whenever visiting Leiden.

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-13

Pros: Many vegan options, excellent food, enthousiastic attitude of staff

Cons: none

Gaspare - Edit

I really enjoyed eating at this restaurant.

We came here with a group of 10 people, and they asked us pretty soon if there were vegetarians or vegans among us. For those of us who were, there was a separate menu with many different options. They even had the option of pizza with vegan cheese.

I finally chose the aubergine rolls, which were lovely, and the penne with small chuncks of soy. After that, the waiter asked me if I would like a vegan desert - they had one option, something with chocolate - but I was too satisfied already and just ordered a cup of tea ;)

The others in our group, those who ordered meat or fish, were also positive about their meal.

Especially in the city of Leiden, this is a nice option to go to. I don't know why I didn't discover it before.

Pros: Not expensive, Large number of vegan and vegetarian options, Nice atmosphere

Return to Leiden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gaspare Ristorante Pizzeria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.