CLOSED: Gasometer

Contact 03-9417-5538

484 Smith St (at Alexandra Parade), Collingwood, Victoria,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A pub with half the menu with vegan items. Also has many gluten free items. All clearly marked. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Eastern European, Non-veg

First Review by Aloo

aye a pub with vegan food - Edit

Its So refreshing to go for a night out with good music and be able to enjoy the convenience of pub food. I had the seitan steak with chips and colslaw, very american diner style which I love so I really enjoyed it. Though there are other pubs which also have a vegan menu which I probably prefer, I will definately be back to try more.

Pros: good to go with non vegans, good venue, seitan

Cons: not the cleanest place

Great different vegan options - Edit

I loved this place! I liked the atmosphere of the cafe and restaurant, and they had a few vegan options on their menu. Their menu also clearly states that a different fryer is used for all vegan dishes. Their menu differs from time to time, but the 3 cheese mac and cheese I've had there was great!

Pros: Nice atmospere, Good food, reasonably priced

Historic pub with vegan menu - Edit

Gasometer has a whole vegan section to select from. It has a nice ambience, good service and bar. They use a seperate fryer for vegan food.

I ordered a vegan strudel with roast vegetables on the side. The vegetables were amazing, cooked to perfection and you would not guess the strudel was vegan with the 'cheese' inside, served with a creamy dip.

Great place, good location - I'd recommend it for a night out, especially if you are dining with non-vegos, as they can chose from the meat section (if they can go past the vegan one).

Pros: vegan menu, ambience, choice

Cons: they serve meat, a little costly

Return to Collingwood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Gasometer closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 199 times since Jun 2012.