CLOSED: Garden of Life Vegan Deli

• Vegan

Contact 281-893-4300

12121 Veterans Memorial Ste 4 (at Antoine), Houston, Texas, USA, 77067

Vegan deli established in Feb 2010. Focus is raw food dishes like almond nut loaf, kale salad, live potato salad. Also serves vegan soul food like wheat roast, broccoli casserole, bbq tofu, battered fried bean curd, mac & cheese, as well as boca burger and fries. Desserts include ice cream made in-house, sweet potato pie, raw cake, and carrot cake. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Take-out, Catering, Soul Food

First Review by Vibraceous, ND

Burger Fanatic - Edit

Great service! Hard to spot so keep your eyes open. We called and they helped us find them. I enjoyed a great BBQ burger (stuffed to the brim) with awesome homemade fries. Reasonable price and close-by.

Pros: Close-by, good portions

Cons: hard to spot, no website

Pleasantly surprised - Edit

I visited today with my kids and we LOVED the food! The battered tofu was my absolute favorite, and I think I haven't had tofu I've liked as much as I liked theirs. Very friendly service. We will be going back!

Pros: good food, friendly service

Cons: hard to find, not open on weekends, doesn't take credit cards

Good food, wish it was closer. - Edit

I had the battered tofu burger and it was pretty amazing! They offer a breakfast/brunch on Sundays, that's pretty good as well, but would be better if it was buffet style, as opposed to just getting a set amount of food, which isn't a whole lot. I really do love the tofu burger though and would come here all the time if it wasn't so far away! There's no sign by the road either, so it can be hard to find. FYI, it's right across from the Foodland.

Pros: Great food

Cons: Location

Simple and good - Edit

Nice lunch, very friendly staff. Nice relaxed atmosphere. A little hard to find. I had to call to find the place, only a banner, no sign on building or out by road. Food was simple but good.

Grand Opening! - Edit

Limited selection but great for just starting! The homemade ginger and hibiscs drinks were a really nice treat and the kale salad was very good. The Boca Burgers were cooked just right, as were the fries. The service was very friendly. We're from out of town but we hope this restaurant does well!

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Garden of Life Vegan Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 439 times since Feb 2010.