First Review by Dindrane

Awesome Store - Edit

I am new to the vegan lifestyle and was so excited to find Garden Cove. From the minute you walk in the door you are welcomed by the employees there. They are all friendly and truely don't seem to mind stopping what they are doing to help you find something or explain what an item is. They are eager to give just as much or little information as you want when you ask questions. I have been able to find a lot of things there that I have never heard of before. I find that they often run some of their produce for less than what other traditional grocers around here charge.

Pros: Friendly, Helpful, Variety

Excellent Place - Edit

Garden Cove regularly brings in fresh produce once a week (I believe on Wednesdays or Thursdays), so depending on when you go, you may not find the biggest selection. The owner still makes the trip himself to get the produce, though, and he knows the people and where the produce comes from. The owners are very good people that truly care about quality and their customers.

They've recently had a problem with a "trusted" employee and it almost ruined them financially. They have cut back on a lot of items, but the produce is what they started with and they've returned to the basics to get on their feet again.

I trust them and have been shopping at Garden Cove for almost 20 years, when they were located on Jordan Lane.

Pros: High quality produce, Conscientious owners, Friendly and caring

LOVE IT! - Edit

I live an hour away from Garden Cove and I love it! The stores where I live don't carry soy cheese so I visit the store about twice a month. It has tons of vegan and vegetarian products, the prices are fair, and the staff is very friendly. I would definitely recommend you check it out.

Pros: Lots of different products., Friendly staff, Cheap prices

Cons: Funky layout

Contributions +20

Oh Thank God! - Edit

I'm from a small town and when I walked into Garden Cove a HUGE smile spread accross my face. I'm SO glad I finally found a place like this. The produce is beautiful and they have a great selection of cruelty free food and home products. I've been looking for ALmond Milk and Butter everywhere! Go, go, go there even if you aren't Vegan they have a lot of non-dairy free food as well.

Pros: beautiful Produce, Great Vegen Alternatives

Cons: Expensive, Confusing Layout

fairly happy - Edit

i recently moved to the madison/huntsville area and i just got a recipe for some morning energy bars that are quite simple and none of the ingredients were hard to find except spirulina, and garden cove is the only place in the area i've been able to find it in powder form. star market had it in hard pill form, so i admit i was pretty excited when i actually found it. i was also stunned by the prices on some of their health and beauty products, since you can buy toms deoderant for about $4 at walgreens and that's the only kind i use. i did, however like the natural makeup choices. that's always a plus. the produce section was kind of lacking, though.

Pros: natural makeup, good supplemental variety

Cons: produce not plentiful, high prices, bizarre layout

Good for some things, but... - Edit

Still a great place to get bulk herbs and cosmetics, but most major groceries have a better selection of organic greens, and the Farmers' Markets in SE Huntsville and in Madison have even more organic vegs, and are a great way to "shop local." Star Market has as much vegetarian/vegan friendly stuff, as does Foods for Life or some ethnic stores.

Too bad they carry meats; do Adventists now allow meat-eating or something? Disappointing, that.

Pros: good dried herb selection, animal-friendly cosmetics, a very few rare products

Cons: redundant w/ local stores, pricey, meat

Disappointed - Edit

They are now carrying meat and going more for the "gourmet" health food store image. Consequently, they have stopped carrying some of my favorite items and I don't shop there as much as I used to, even though I prefer to support local markets.

many markets here have gluten=free and soy produx - Edit

i am sad and surprised that GC now stocks meat products ! there are only a few items available here that are not in other stores- have you shopped Kroger recently... produce and health foods=wise Kroger r gaining much ground and space-have exc. gluten=free products and soy - tho it is so unhealthy ~ peace

Pros: bulk granola is divine, bulk organic dried prods, great n.a.t. cosmetc dept

Cons: high prices, most produce not organic, S.D.A.'S that sell meat!?

Return to Huntsville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Garden Cove Produce Center closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2741 times since Aug 2007.