Ganglamedo Vegetarian Cuisine

( 1 review )

冈拉美朵素食餐厅 serves healthy Tibetan-style of cooking, without preservatives. Has vegan options and others that could possibly be made vegan upon request. Furnished with elegant details of Tibetan culture. Reserve by phone or email: Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 6:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Take-out, Asian, Tibetan

1 Review

First Review by CherylQuincy

Fantastic! - Edit

Had a meal here with a vegetarian Friend who has been here before.

**Full review:

Ganglemedo is a vegetarian restaurant specialises in Tibetan fine-dining.
Their dishes a majority allium-free, with only 1 soup base contain spring onions.

We tried both $68++ Vegetarian Tibetan Classic Menu and $128++ Vegetarian Cordyceps Menu.
** As they use eggs in preparation of their cordyceps, the pricier menu isn't vegan-friendly.

What we had:
Buckwheat Tea - Complimentary free flow. Soothing and has the earthiness that you'd expect from buckwheats. They do have other tea options, such as the Xiao Qing Gan and Da Hong Gan at $10 per pot.

Seasonal Fruit Platter - A mixed assortment of seasonal fruits, seedless grapes and cherry tomato. Very refreshing.

Dry Toss Cordycep Flowers - I've never heard of Cordycep Flowers before so it is kinda interesting to me. This dish contains carrots, radish, enoki mushroom and of course the Cordycep Flowers. Slight spiciness flavour similar to Mala. Contains egg.

Dips/paste - I can't remember the names correctly but the red one is a mix of spicy sesame oil with 5 different seeds and nuts, and the other is mushroom with chilli. Both are really addictive, especially the red one. They recommend stir frying it with rice if you are to purchase a jar of it home ($15 for small jar, $30 for larger jar). I’ll give an extra star for their service because they’re really attentive! When they saw I was finishing the 5 Nuts Chilli mix pretty quickly, they offer us two new bowls of it for our table.

Homemade Pancake - It's a rolled up Spinach pancake. Soft and yummy. (I didn't try this because it contains egg)

Sesame Mochi Bread, Mayonnaise - Didn't try this because of eggs and dairy. Heard it's softer than it was before but it'll be better if it's even softer.

Pan-Fried Button Mushroom - It's pan-fried white button mushrooms with Shanghai Greens, with a nice touch of sea salt crystals at the edge of the platter. Yummy! The mushrooms are well cooked, love the Shanghai greens.

Pure Vegetarian Hot Pot in Tibetan Style - Choice of soup base includes Mushroom, White Pea (contains egg & spring onions), Hot & Sour, and Tomato. I went for the Mushroom, and it tasted amazing with flavours coming from the fresh mushrooms, veggies and tofu. I basically just throw in all I basically just throw in all the ingredients, let it boil for awhile before serving.

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-14

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ganglamedo Vegetarian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.