Ganges

Bahnhofsplatz 8, Loerrach, Germany, 79539

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food restaurant near Lörrach train station. Has labeled vegetarian food. Ask staff what's vegan suitable. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, Tue-Thu 5:30pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-11:00pm, Sun 5:30pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Ryecatcher

Nice Indian restaurant - Edit

Been there few times now for dinner and also lunch.
Dinner time they have a seperate vegan menue and lunch they also have a few vegan meals on their lunch- menue.
Delicious and lovely Indian food and the restaurant is located close to the centre of Loerrach near the train station

Delicious vegan curries! - Edit

One of the best indian restaurants I've ever viseted! From outside you don't expect a great restaurant but it is! They have an extra vegan card with plenty of options which are so so delicious! I can just highly recommend the ganges restaurant to other visitors!

Pros: Best indian food ever!!, Extra vegan menu

Cons: Bad look from outside

Only vegan option in town for fine dining - Edit

Centrally located just a few steps from Lörrach main train station. From inside the restaurant you overlook the station square, since it's located a high building.
Ganges captivates with authentic Indian food great opening hours (I got there once at about 10pm and I still was served - for a small town like Lörrach, where basically everything else was closed, that's impressive).
I was there twice this year, once I had a Punjabi Tschana Masala and once a Kerala Samber. Both times I ordered rice on the side, but to my surprise I wasn't charged for that. The food isn't really cheap though, however, you'll get proper Indian food, no fake or bad quality stuff.
So food was tasty. Staff could be more enthusiastic as far as I am concerned.
Everything is clean inside, yet old, too.
Some dishes can be tricky for vegans, so better ask beforehand just to be sure.
I wasn't impressed by the local draught beer, Lasser, maybe they have a better one.
Since Ganges is the only decent vegan option in town for sophisticated food I shouldn't complain too much.

Pros: awesome opening hours, authentic (and tasty) Indian food

Cons: plenty of meet is being served, unenthusiastic staff

Return to Loerrach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ganges closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.