Ganesh

Contact 421-0907979008

Vysoka 2, Bratislava, Slovakia, 81106

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bills itself as a vegetarian restaurant but offers fish and chicken as well. Located in the historical center of Bratislava, near town square; moved from Nedbalova 12.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by pradipd

OK - Edit

I've been here with some non-vegan family members. It was good, not extraordinary but still nice. Gobi Manjurian isn't vegan tough /it has eggs in it/. There are some soup and starter options to choose from. However, not much in the mains section / I had Aubergine Masala, bit too oily but tasty /. The fresh juice mixes were yummie too. Their naan bread is the very thin kind, still tasty though. It is a nice place to go to with non-vegan people, everyone will find something to their liking.

Note: If the waiter says that something is spicy, it is truly spicy and this comes from a person who loves spicy food.

Pros: some vegan starters and soups, delicious juices, good for gatherings with non-vegans

Cons: only a few vegan mains, no vegan desserts

Not bad - Edit

Decent enough food - the Gobi Manjurian was particularly enjoyable. Most of the vegetarian section has paneer or cream in and the menu doesn't seem to make it clear which dishes are dairy free. Only bread available was naan, they didn't have any roti when we visited. Not bad but we preferred Ashoka across the road.

Pros: Gobi Manjurian, Menu in English

Cons: Not much vegan choice, Closes at 9

Apparently the best Indian in Bratislava - Edit

The place itself is very nice, the design is somewhere between Ethno and modern, without overdoing either. The Indian staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke good English.

During the week there are lunch menus for Euro 5, but since we went there on a Sunday we decided to try the all-you-can-eat buffet for Euro 10. Besides soup, chutneys, rice, raita, chappatis and papadums there were 6 curries, 3 of which were vegetarian. The food was good and I was positively surprised to find one of my favorite Indian dishes -- Gobi Manjurian -- at the buffet.

All in all this was a very positive experience and I'll most likely visit Ganesh again on one of my next trips to Bratislava.

Pros: friendly staff

Fantastic - Edit

THIS PLACE HAS MOVED. It is now just outside the old town, ring for address coz I cant remeber. The food is fantastic so delicious and authentic, we went for evening meal my partner had the buffet which he loved (meat and veg), but I decided against it as the veg dishes looked quite creamy. I had cauliflower manchurian which was one of the best indian dishes I've ever had (and Im a big curry lover). Definately worth finding. The waiters were also really nice and friendly it was all a reasonable price.

Pros: Authentic, Delicious, firendly staff

New Location and Name, Offbeat Indian - Edit

This restaurant is now called Ganesha Utsav and has moved to Vysoka Street just behind the Crowne Plaza Hotel. It is a Kerala inspired Indian restaurant and a welcome change from the ubiquituous North Indian cuisine found in majority of the Indian restaurants outside India. Unfortunately, they also serve dead animals. But in spite of that, the ambience is nice, service is pleasant and the food is good. They had a buffet for 10 Euros which was a very good deal.

Pros: Offbeat, Location, Value

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Bratislava Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ganesh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.