Galveston's Own Farmers Market

• Farmers-market Farmer's Market
713-906-7236

1315 21st St (at The Bryan Museum), Galveston, Texas, USA

Weekly outdoor farmers market. Previously at 2508 Postoffice. Open Thu 3:00pm-6:00pm, Sun 9:00am-1:00pm.

First Review by BriggitteJ

Go Local! - Edit

I absolutely love our little Farmer's Market! Thursdays I can get my kombucha blend from my fav girl Caitlin at 3rd Coast Kombucha and Sundays I can try new things from salsa to breads, jellys and jams, pickled beets and habanero pickles! All delicious and the vibe is stellar! If you haven't checked out the GOFM, what are you waiting for?? Great people, great food!

Pros: fresh produce, best kombucha ever, very nice folks

Cons: outdoor so weather can cause problems, need more vendors/variety

Meh. - Edit

The Galveston Famers Market has a great community vibe going on. They open early on Sunday and you need to get there within the first hour or two to get any produce because half the time the selection is dismal after that point. The reason I'm not crazy about the market is because half of the stalls there aren't selling produce but other things like plants, popsicles etc. I'm from California where we have huge, fantastic famers markets and this one just isn't comparable. What is really lacking is a fruit stall as almost none of the vendors sell any fruits, only veg. The prices are also very very high, which is the main reason why I'm not a regular. The quality of the items that are sold there is good and you will really enjoy getting to know everyone who attends the market but there are improvements that need to be made to make it an essential stop for me.

Pros: Only place in the area for local food, great vibe, live music

Cons: expensive, where is the fruit?

Return to Galveston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Galveston's Own Farmers Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.