Galgala Vegetariano

• Vegetarian
Contact +34-986221417

Placer 4, Vigo, Spain, 36202

Restaurant, with a friendly comfortable ambiance, has a few vegan options and you can also make special arrangements with staff for other choices. Has small section selling organic items also. Open for lunch (reservations recommended). Also open on Fri and Sun evenings for dinner. Call for hours.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by le cous cous

Nice for vegetarians, not for veganas - Edit

The place is very nice and the food also. But they don't have a lot of vegan options. Even the falafel has egg.
I asked for a vegan dessert and they brough me the only one they had, soya yogurt with fruit and honey...

Pros: Tasty food

Cons: Not vegan options, They don't consider honey as vegan prod

Lovely - Edit

We booked a table for friday night, pleased we did as it was busy. Very welcoming staff who tried hard to speak English, the chef came out and helped us translate the menu. The basket of mixed breads was delicious, especially raisin and walnut bread. Great Olives too. All 4 main courses were delicious, especially the bean burgers, portions could be a little bigger. Creme caramel dessert to die for, very yummy. Great organic store too. All very happy and would definitely recommend.

Pros: fresh food, fast service, shop

Cons: small portions

El mejor restaurante vegetariano en el que he estado - Edit

El restaurante es caro, pero la calidad de los platos es sobresaliente. Merece la pena sin duda ir. Yo espero volver pronto. El menú se cambia constantemente y es íntegramente vegetariano y con productos ecológicos y algunas de las bebidas y refrescos también lo son.

Pros: Variedad y calidad

Cons: El precio, pero sin duda merece la pena.

Nice Vegetarian Cafe - Edit

The restaurant service and appearance was very pleasant. The "menu del dia" was very well presented, with apparently vegan choices for both mains when I visited. The hostess was very accommodating, but made me a little nervous when we were offered a desert after our meals which contained milk when I had said clearly from the outset that we were vegan. The meal itself was very nice but the burger I had appeared to contain cheese which discovered me and along with the offer of non-vegan desserts made me fest the worse which trained the experience somewhat because side from this the meal was superb. The hostess offered us a soya milk dessert or a fit salad both of which were very nice, the soya yoghurt in particular. The menu was €11 for three courses and bottled water. The presentation of the food was very stylish and everything seemed fresh and was tasty. For me I would have forgone some of the presentation for slightly larger portion sizes, but I eat a lot. The place was busy when we're there but that didn't diminish the attention we received. My only worry was about how sure I am that the complete meal was entirely vegan and I would want to spell out clearly the vegan requirements next time though I would not normally expect to do habitually as I expect veg places to be well versed in vegan requirements. Still I wouldn't hesitate recommend it to others.

Pros: Friendly, Service, Presentation

Cons: Vegan Doubts And Fears!, Mains are Normally €10, Location

Little gem of a restaurant in Vigo - Edit

I was so thankful to find this restaurant as the Gran Nagari hotel we were staying in served an apparently 5*menu but had no vegetarian options at all and failed to provide anything substantial. This restaurant served a variety of healthy and tasty home cooked vegetarian delights. I enjoyed a seitan Milanese and my meat-eating husband really enjoyed his veggie meatballs. The staff have limited English but were very accommodating and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed eating here, the excellent value for money and the convenient location whilst staying in Vigo.

Pros: Fantastic home cooked food, Friendly service, Organic produce available to buy

Few vegan options - Edit

The restaurant has a nice and relaxing atmosphere; the ladies that run it are lovely and very friendly. There is plenty of vegetarian dishes, but a vegan has no much choice. Portions were good for vegetarian dishes, but mine were actually quite regular if not small... Price was fair but not the best quality/price ratio. With a wider choice, probably the overall rating could have been better, but given this situation after all 3 cows seem to be even too much.

Pros: atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: few vegan options

happy, cosy place! - Edit

The minute we stepped inside Galgala we were warmly greeted by two ladies who, subsequently, also made a huge effort to explain the menu to us.
The place was so cosy and homely and I loved the big white flower on each table :). There was an ala carte menu as well as a set lunch menu that was reasonably priced for a starter, main course and dessert. In particular, we really loved the saffron rice with tofu! If you are a vegan, please make sure to let them know as many of the dishes contain cheese, eggs and dairy but some can be altered to be vegan.

Pros: cosy place, friendly service, tasty food

Return to Vigo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Galgala Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1191 times since Jul 2012.