Galaxy Hut

Contact 703-525-8646

2711 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, USA, 22201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Must be 21+ years old to enter. All veg but will serve meat upon request. Little retro diner, bar, and concert venue tucked away in the side streets of the Clarendon area. Began offering an all-veg menu in fall 2012; offers vegan choices for all dishes (BBQ sandwich, cheesteak, chili, fries, etc). The atmosphere is dark and slightly indie-dive-y. Art adorns the walls and you have the option of eating at several retro gaming tables. Live music nights. Opened another location in June 2012 called Spacebar in Falls Church. Mon-Sun 5:00pm-2:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Happy Eats

A vegan alter ego for (almost) every menu item! - Edit

Galaxy Hut has such a fun, quirky atmosphere. And great beer. And friendly, fast service. But the biggest plus is that for *almost* every meat- or cheese-based item on their standard food menu, they also offer a completely vegan variant! Last night, I had the vegan cheesesteak sandwich and vegan coleslaw, and both were delicious! Keep in mind that there are a few menu items for which they don't provide vegan variants - and that meat and cheese are generally the default, so you have to specify vegan. But if you do that, you're golden!

Pros: almost all menu items have vegan variants, tasty food, fast service

Cons: meat/cheese default - must request vegan variant

Kind Choices at Retro Hangout - Edit

I would go here all the time if I lived nearby. (My friend lives a block away.) Aside from what other reviewers have previously said, I would like to add that their beer menu is exceptional and has 4, 10, and 16-ounce pours. The best thing aside from the scrumptious options -- which include EGGPLANT FRIES -- is the decor: Galaga was my table, Pee Wee & Chairy looked down on me, and local art covered the walls.

Pros: ample, delicious options, neighborhood, draught beer

21 and Over - Edit

It would have been VERY helpful to know that this was a 21 and over establishment. I went there with my two kids only to be turned away at the door.

I'll go back again someday without them.

Fantastic Vegan Bar Food - Edit

We *LOVE* this place. Especially enjoy that Vegetarian food is served by default, and meat is served "on request." For years I've mentioned to my husband the sincere desire to be able to walk into a bar or come across a food cart, and get some easy/quick/tasty vegan food! This place answers that desire. The sandwiches are great (especially enjoyed the Vegan Ruben, Vegan Bar-b-que, and Vegan Meatloaf -- all with vegan cheese), and we loved the loaded tater tots - served fresh and extra crispy. Only downside is that this place is in fact a "Bar," so while they do serve fantastic "fast" vegan food, we can't take our children there to enjoy it.
**Also affiliated with SpaceBar in Falls Church, VA

Pros: Delicious Vegan Options!, Moderately Priced

Cons: Not Family Friendly

Vegan food and great beer - Edit

Great vegan ingridients variety. You should definetily check the whole menu.
You can add whatever you want to your sandwcih, burger, chilli, etc., and costomize what you are ordering.
If you like to beer, there are also some great beers to try out.

Pros: lots of ingridients, great variety of beer

Cons: bar (not to many places to sit), bar (can get crowded)

Cool Place! - Edit

Went to do some geocaching in Arlington this past weekend and decided to eat here for dinner since they don't open until 5:00pm. It was good, no meat served here so I was happy! You have the option of getting vegan cheese on anything and they serve seitan! Basic subs, tots or sweet potato fries menu but tasty and not greasy at all! The only problem was when we arrived it took several minutes for anybody to acknowledge us.

Pros: No meat served here!

Cons: Customer service

Almost equal to Chicago Diner - Edit

Now all vegetarian and vegan if you want it- your choice. Great portions, good sandwiches. We had Philly Cheze steak and Chikn sandwich, nachos, and egg-plant fingers- all vegan. Vert tasty.

Recommended!

Rich Peppin
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 02, 2012

Pros: Almsot empty at 500pm, order at bar, large and tasty portions

Cons: bar atmosphere, very dim

2 Responses

Return to Arlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Galaxy Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2795 times since Jun 2010.