First Review by veganstraightedge

Great vegan phad thai - Edit

I judge a Thai restaurant by its phad thai and I was happy with the result. It was easily made vegan for me.

Pros: Good food, Vegan-friendly, Good service

Cons: Cheap atmosphere

A great Thai option for veg*ns - Edit

Though it does serve meat, Galanga is quite vegan-friendly and the food is consistently tasty, above-average Thai cuisine.

The ambience is pleasant and the service warm and efficient. Quality is similar to Your Place on Milpas and Your Choice on upper State Street, but these are all in different locations, so if you're downtown, Galanga is probably your best bet.

Be sure to specify "no fish sauce," just to be safe. :-)

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Consistently delicious

Cons: Serves meat, Not organic

Favorite Thai food in Santa Barbara!! - Edit

I frequent Galanga often as it is one my favorite downtown Santa Barbara places to eat. The staff is great - usually a woman and man - and extremely attentive to dietary needs (they know the difference between vegan/vegetarian regarding animal products and dairy). I am vegan myself and love the vegetable wonton soup, red curry with roasted eggplant and tofu, and the Masaman curry with tofu is delicious. No frills, fairly priced, really enjoyable meal that fills you up. HIGHLY recommended over the other Thai food downtown!!

Pros: Great service, Affordable, Satisfying

Return to Santa Barbara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Galanga closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2197 times since Aug 2007.