First Review by condekedar

kickass pizza! - Edit

We had the Alamo vegan style and it was perfect. I'm from the east coast and this is the closest I've come to home. The crust was thin and crisp and the mock duck with the BBQ sauce was really yummy. I do miss a crisp crust that also had some elasticity. This came close though so I'm happy :D

Pros: Clearly labeled vegan options, 3d glasses to view the menu, super nice servers

Cons: limited seating

awesome vegan pizza - Edit

galactic pizza is my favorite vegan pizza in the area. i love the atmosphere of the place and their business ethics (recycle, compost, electric cars, renewable power)

The food is great. they have vegan cheesecake from muddy paws and lots of vegan meat options. My favorites are the old school and the alamo. bringing your used pizza box can be used for $1 your next pizza.

Pros: tasty, reasonable prices, vegan!

Cons: parking

Vegan pizza! - Edit

Galactic Pizza has the best vegan pizza I have had in the Twin Cities. Their vegan garlic cheese bread is out of this world, and they have periods with half off appetizers! For dessert, they have a vegan cheesecake which is very good, but also very expensive. Their staff has always been very friendly.
Restrooms are very clean, which is so nice to see.

Pros: Excellent food, Clean, Nice decor

Cons: A bit pricey.

AWESOME!!! - Edit

We found Galactic Pizza on Happy Cow and decided to try it. It was truly amazing. We got the Bianca pizza (vegan style) and LOVED IT. The non-vegans in our group built their own and LOVED IT. The kids had the penne pasta and salad and they really enjoyed it as well. You must try the vegan strawberry cheesecake. YUMMY!! Our server was fantastic and recommended a great oatmeal beer that the guys enjoyed. If you are in Minneapolis I highly recommend stopping in and giving this place a try. It's a great local place. Also you have to check out Supper Man!! He was awesome!!

Eco-Friendly! Great Food - Edit

I went there with some friends, 1 vegan, 1 vegetarian, and 1 omni. We all loved it. They have a huge list of how they are eco-friendly, which makes me happy. I have the vegan hipster pizza, it was good.

Pros: eco-friendly, MPR discount, good food

Cons: serves meat

Vegan Cheesecake, Say What? - Edit

Galactic is dope! Unlike Luce, they only have one vegan cheese topping, but they have other cool toppings that make up for it, like wild rice. I think they use Daiya cheese now, but they used something else a while ago that looked like toothpaste. A lot of the sauces are vegan, unfortunately the Thai peanut sauce has fish sauce in it.

Most, if not all, of the food is organic and comes from local co-ops.

It's a nice atmosphere, they have a few tables outside on the sidewalk for in the summer and tables inside.

They have a small dessert menu, and vegan cheesecake is always on it, but the flavors change daily. Its usually something fruity, like strawberry.

Overall, not as good as Luce because Luce has the rinotta, but for dessert or a wild rice pizza, Galactic is the place to go.

Pros: VEGAN CHEESECAKE, Organic, Conscious

Cons: Expensive, Also serve meat

Galactic it is, this place it out of this world! - Edit

I visited Galactic Pizza in May of 2009, it was great! I was told that this place had the best Vegan cheesecake in town - it was the best Vegan cheesecake I've ever had! It even blows away Chicago Diner's Vegan cheese cake!

I did not get to eat the pizza here, as I came here for the *amazing* dessert (I will get the pizza next time of course). The staff consists of very cool people - did you know that if you get your pizza delivered, an employee of this place dressed as a super here will deliver your pizza in a pod car??? Full of awesome!!! The super hero was nice enough to let me go check out the super-hero pod cars too - Check this place out!!!

Great Vegan Pizza! - Edit

Okay, so after reading these reviews, I don't have much to add. I would like to say that Galactic has the best vegan pizza I have ever had/with or without vegan cheese and that their options superseded my expectations. The Super Heroes that do delivery are awesome- all the staff has been very helpful and friendly each and every time I have eaten Galactic Pizza. In my opinion, skip PizzaLuce and just come here!

Pros: Delicious, friendly, affordable

Amazing pizza! - Edit

I am from out of town and was very excited to go to Galactic pizza because I heard they had many vegan pizza options. I ordered a pizza with tomato sauce, tomatos, broccoli, and fakin' bacon. It came with vegan mozzarella. The pizza was amazing hot at the restaurant as well as cold for breakfast and lunch the next day. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. The servers were very friendly and the delivery guys that leave to deliver the pizza wear superhero costumes. The atmosphere is very comfortable and they have an outdoor patio. I will be going back here throughout the rest of my stay in minneapoils and will be telling my friends about this place :)
The maximum stars you can give a restaurant that isn't completely vegetarian is four stars, but this restaurant is definitely 5 stars

Pros: Amazing Pizza, Great service, Great atmosphere

Cons: none, none, none

Heavenly - Edit

Galactic is cool as all hell! The staff is great, the decor is retro, the philosophy is environmentally sensitive and the food is absolutely delectable. They make vegetarian and vegan options of almost all their pizzas, using the finest soy cheese as well as making their own vegan hemp pesto. Their perfect pizza crust creates a great base for what goes on top. The piece de résistance is the vegan cheesecake which they source from a company called Muddy Paws, a local bakery (http://www.muddypawscheesecake.com). Inside, the restaurant is cozy and retro, with a comfortable sofa area at the back. In summer they provide outside seating under grass canopies.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Great Ambience

Great Vegan Pizza - Edit

Convince your non vegan friends to go with the vegan pizza. mine were upset and said mine looked better! I'm sure it tasted better, too! Not your conventional vegan cheese either. I believe I snagged a vegan brownie on the way out the door, too!

Good food, a bit expensive - Edit

Galactic Pizza makes a good pizza with great topping choices and tasty vegan soy cheese. They also get a killer vegan cheesecake from a famous local Minneapolis cheesecake maker. The service is friendly. The only downside are the prices, which are a bit high.

Pros: Taste, Options, Cheesecake

Cons: Prices

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Galactic Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3335 times since Aug 2007.