First Review by JessyH

This place is a must!! - Edit

I cannot recommend this place enough! For 10 euro you get the Menu of the Day which consists of a first course, second course, and desert. Very internationally influenced, all the dishes are homemade and absolutely delicious! Notice the hours, they are only open a few hours a day, and get there early! There was a line out the door the entire time I was eating there. As a pilgrim on the Camino de Santiago (where there is very little vegetarian/vegan food) this place was a wonderful surprise!!

Excellent food and great price! - Edit

This is one of the best veggie places I've ever been to. For a tenner you get an amazingly good 4-plate menu and wine. The food is excellent and the place is really nice. Well done!

Make sure you get there early or you will wait quite a while since no-one wants to miss out!

Pros: Food, Price, Location

Cons: Waiting time

Great vegan restaurant! - Edit

Creative menu, tasty food, good price... I went here with meat eaters - they enjoyed the food and couldn't believe it was vegan!! Thumbs up!

Pros: Food, Price, Location

Simple and tasty - Edit

Nice food and good quantities for low price. 3 changing dishes to choose plus dessert. I had a very good lasagna and the trufa was amazing.

Pros: price, tasty, good quantities

Cons: no resevations

Good food - Edit

We had lunch in Gaia during our vacation. The food was really good, it was cheap and the staff was very friendly. They tried to speak English and explained what was on the menu. Be there on time because there was a queue when we left the restaurant.

Cannot be missed, near the cathedral! - Edit

The daily menu of 10 Euros only per person is inexpensive and you can choose from a variety of dishes.

The staff is very friendly, but as it was very busy you got the feeling you had to eat very quickly. I didn't mind, because I understand they have to make a living of the few hours they are open.

Note: When we were there, the place was alreday very busy 5 minutes after opening time and it got even more busier. There was still a long queue waiting outside when we left and at 15:30 when we passed by with the tourist train there were still a queue.

Pros: Good food for little money, Friendly staff, Centrally located

A must visit! - Edit

Cosy interior, friendly staff and amazing food beautifuly presented. As mentioned before 4 dishes for 10euros, so very cheap. Ecological, also to a cheap price, alcoholic beverages.
Check up the streetname properly before going there since it is not really a sign or anything for the moment.

Simply delicious. - Edit

I went there with my family and we enjoyed every single dish we had. The daily menu was 10 Euros only (per person), and there were multiple choices for each dish in it.
The owners, who are also the chefs and the waiters, are very nice, and happily translated the menu to English for us.
Whether you're vegan, vegetarian or a meat eater - you will most likely love the food. Absolutely recommended.

Note: When I was there the place was packed, so we had to wait a few minutes before the owner/waiter could come and translate the menu for us.

Pros: Delicious, Low price, Friendly

Cons: none!

Deilicioso! - Edit

Nos gusto muchi­simo que todo fuese vegano, la verdad es que no nos lo esperamos en Burgos un sitio asi­. Luego nos gusto mucho que solo abriesen al medio día para los menus. Ademas de los menus, tienen productos veganos y bebidas ecologicas para comprar.
La decoracion es muy agradable y la chica que nos atendio tambien.
El menu consta de: Entrante, primer plato, segundo plato y postre. La verdad es que acabas llena. Todo delicioso, quizas por poner una pequeña pega el postre es lo que menos me gusto, pero ello no quiere decir que no estuviese bueno.
Lo que mas me gusto fue el entrante, una crema de alcachofas con crujiente de maiz, deliciosa.
Recomendando 100%

Pros: Muy buena situación, Menú variado, Trato agradable

Cons: Los postres son un poco simples

Vegan Restaurant in the Heart of Medieval Burgos - Edit

I visited Gaia today for lunch (the hours listed here are accurate), and was very pleased by the location, cleanliness, decor, daily-changing menu, price, variety of dishes, informal mood, etc. I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that Gaia is a totally *vegan restaurant as well. (In Spanish, "vegan" is simply "vegano".)

It seems that the food here is both made and served by the owners, who are very friendly. Some English is spoken here, so I would recommend it for non-locals as well. Tourists can easily find it, as it is only a few yards away from the front of the famous and centrally located Cathedral of Burgos. The restaurant was full when I was there, with people waiting outside. It has a warm atmosphere and about 8-10 tables for 2-4 people each.

As I mentioned above, the menu changes daily, but here's what I had today as an example: The "menu del dia" was only 10 euros, and included an appetizer, 2 courses, bread, wine or bottled water, and dessert. For each course and dessert there were at least 4-5 options to choose from. My appetizer was a white gazpacho-like cold & creamy vegetable soup with crushed peanuts on top. Next was a hot plate of zucchini with vegan cheese and some tasty green garlic sauce. Last was seitan and mushroom ravioli with a creamy sauce. I also had a basket of whole wheat bread, organic red wine, and homemade vegan blueberry yogurt (so good!) for dessert. Everything was presented nicely and, most importantly, was delicious!

I recommend Gaia to anyone and everyone who visits Burgos.

Pros: variety, low price, original

Cons: none

Imaginative and delicious - Edit

I was extremely impressed by this very centrally located restaurant. The decor is colourful with photos and artefacts from around the world reflecting the international menu. We had the menu of the day which was an amazing four courses and wine for 10 euros. There was a choice of three or four items for each course and there were plenty of vegan options. I had a flavourful gazpacho and my brother had a seaweed and cucumber salad, this was followed by a gorgeous leek and potato stew for me and a 'risotto' for him made from pearl barley which worked very well. Then I had falafels followed by a cranberry yoghurt and he had a bean taco and an apple mousse. All excellent.

Everything was cooked well and was beautifully presented. The portions were exactly right-we finished everything and left feeling very satisfied but not overly stuffed. I didn't feel the need to eat again for the rest of the day.

The service was extremely efficient and friendly with the waitress very happy to explain anything we weren't sure about.

I live in Spain and usually eat from menus of the day as I eat fish. This was one of the best menus of the days I've eaten in terms of quality and was absolutely fantastic value for money. I would definitely go back.

Pros: Excellent value, Imaginative menu, centrally located

Return to Burgos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gaia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2190 times since Aug 2007.