CLOSED: Gable's

• Bakery Bakery

Contact 210-372-9292

9708 Business Pkwy Ste 102, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78023

Bakery and ice cream parlor with retro atmosphere. Has vegan options in ice cream, milkshakes, brownies, cookies, rice krispie treat. Known for sliders which are ice cream sandwiches. CONFIRMED CLOSED, JAN 2017. Open Mon 12:00pm-9:00pm, Wed-Thu 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

First Review by Mariamunoz

When you need a vegan brownie w/'scream - Edit

We visited Gable's Ice Cream just to see what the fuss was all about. It's a cute little place in a strip mall, off Bandera Rd., outside the 1604 loop in Helotes. (Translation: closer to me than downtown.)

They had fresh baked cookies and brownies, some vegan. And they had ONE vegan ice cream choice (vanilla) and at least a dozen or more other ice cream flavors, all dairy.

According to their own online info, the ice cream is not their own. It's Bluebell. (REALLY?)

So maybe the baked goods aren't scratch, either? (Didn't think of asking.)

When I asked the helpful young woman who served us what the vegan ice cream is made of, she told me it's soy. (That's when I still thought they were serving their own homemade.) I was hoping for coconut base. (Personal preference.)

Nice scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream on my rich vegan brownie... YUM!!!!! Craving satisfied... without going downtown. Ding Ding Ding!

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-08

Pros: Closer to home , Chocolate (ALWAYS a pro!), Vegan options

Cons: Only one vegan ice cream , Soy-based ice cream, instead of coconut, Grocery store brand ice cream

Vegan Friendly!! :) - Edit

It's tough to find vegan friendly dessert places so this place was music to my ears when I first heard about them! I tried the dairy free brownie with dairy free ice cream and it was AMAZING! I wanted to try the vegan friendly cookies, rice crispy treats and milkshakes but maybe next time. Im sure to be here often now :) I'm so happy that I can take my friends and family here and there will be something for me too! Oh and the staff were very friendly and they were so nice about all the questions I had.

Pros: staff are friendly, lots of vegan friendly options , homemade

In love! - Edit

Their service was so friendly and I'm so happy I went! They had so many vegan options from root beer floats, brownies, Rice Krispie treats, milkshakes, and so much more. I called in advance since I'm gluten intolerant and they were nice enough to make me vegan gluten free cookies. Will definitely go back again for that molten brownie!

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Gable's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.