Funk You Natural Food

Contact 3053159500

Budapester Str. 38-50 (at Bikini Berlin, EG Box 16), Berlin, Germany, 10245

Little health food restaurant with a juice bar inside Inside Bikini Berlin since 2015; previously at Gartnerstrasse 21. Makes raw food, smoothies, and vegan range including cakes, sandwiches, soups, and vegan breakfast items. Some gluten free. Free Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Juice bar, Bakery, German

First Review by wildfang

I'm vegan - they gave me cheese - Edit

There was cheese in my sandwich, even though I explicitly told them I was vegan and didn't want mozzarella in my sandwich.
Would have given a zero rating if it was possible.

Cons: They are sloppy and don't care if you're vegan.

If only it wasn't inside the mall - Edit

I had to spend the afternoon in Charlottenburg and meet someone there in the evening, so I picked this place on HappyCow. I needed a place to sit for several hours and do some work on my laptop.

Even though the stall is nicely decorated with plants and wood and makes you feel like you stepped out of the city and entered a hidden garden on an remote island, you just can’t ignore ‘Funk You Natural Food’ stands right in the alleys of Bikini Berlin's shopping mall.

Of course, you'll find enough seats in front of the booth, but all you’ll see from there is the other shops around, all you’ll hear is the mall’s awful music, and the only Wi-Fi network available is the mall’s network. For some reason, I was only able to use a browser and none of my computer’s software actually worked. I left eventually after a chai and a piece of chocolate cake and went somewhere else.

The homemade chai was delicious, but the glass was unexpectedly small. They have soy if you ask — 3,5 euros. The chocolate cake was good, raw and vegan, though a bit expensive — 4,5 euros. This is Charlottenburg I guess…

If you don’t like shopping centers and plan to stay longer than for drinking your coffee, this may not be the best choice. But if you’re hanging around and have already spent too much money in the mall, just go for it.

Pros: Nice and helpful staff, Vegan and raw cakes

Cons: Stall literally inside the shopping mall, A bit pricey, They don't have their own Wi-Fi

Really Nice - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised with this little Berlin cafe. The juices and smoothies are tasty, as are the raw food choices. I don't remember the name of the dish, but I had a zucchini-noodle bowl with sun-dried tomatoes, avocado, olives, and other veggies. It was really good and big.
The raw dessert was also yum, it was a bar of some sort and a Raspberry-Lime Cheeze-cake pie. (That's my own name for it :)

Good to see things like this in Berlin!

Pros: healthy, friendly

Cons: serves meat

A great find - Edit

We walked past this place many times without taking a lokk inside - luckily, we did differently the other day. This cafe is run by some extremely friendly people who are able to tell you a story about every ingredient they used.
Vegan and raw items are marked. There is a wide range of different tasty juices, (green) smoothies with superfoods, raw tagliatelle, vegan soup, vegan and raw cake, very tasty sandwiches! They do vegan Corn bread on Sundays.
Just the prices are a bit on the expensive side.
Too sad Funk You isn't 100% veggie.

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Funk You Natural Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1922 times since Mar 2012.