Funakura no Sato

( 1 review )
0980-82-8108

2468-1 Arakawa Ishigaki-shi, Okinawa-ken, Ishigaki, Japan, 907-0024

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Japanese food served by the sea. The restaurant also raises funds for JSDA (Japan Service Dog Association). They have a Chinese and English menu. The Chinese menu has labels to identify which dishes are vegetarian. Name: 舟蔵の里. Address: 沖縄県石垣市字新川2468-1. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by SamanthaIngridHo

Surprisingly good - Edit

I found this restaurant on the internet. I came here without any expectation to have any vegan food because I just like the environment here as the buildings are very traditional and it's nearby the sea. Out of my expectation, I found that there are vegan labels on the Chinese menu. I tried the bitter melon juice, green papaya salad and the noodles. The bitter melon juice comes with syrup which contains honey but you could just put them aside and not to consume it. Of course, without the syrup, it's a bit bitter. I think it's ok. The salad and noodles are great! The salad is with the sesame sauce. The noodles are with strong aroma and flavor of sesame oil. Soooo delicious that I must come back when I visit Ishigaki again. This place is very full. Must make a booking in advance.

Pros: Delicious food, Chinese and English menu available, Super nice environment

Cons: Must book in advance. Can't walk in.

Return to Ishigaki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Funakura no Sato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.