First Review by christoxo

Easy Going Neighborhood Cafe & Market - Edit

In L.A. for just a few days and decided to check out the Magnolia Park neighborhood. Fun & funky, kinda like the Full O'Life Cafe & Market. Seems like many customers are regulars and the staff knows them by name. The menu is "healthy options," serving everything from vegan cheese, burgers, vegenaisse to healthy meat options. Choice of sitting at 'lunch' counter or tables. It is a casual place with many options and item on the menu. I had an awesome huge salad chock full of veggies and avocado. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a casual spot -- and maybe needing a items at the market.

Pros: fresh food, friendly service , cafe in small market

Cons: may bother some people as they serve meat

Sunday Brunch - Edit

Since Jeanne & Patrick took over the restaurant for Sunday Brunch, I rarely miss going on Sunday. The healthy and delicious food they offer on Sunday is much better than the normal fare offered during the week. Finally there is a really good macrobiotic restaurant in Burbank. I love the creative and delicious dishes Patrick creates! I wish I could get their great food every day of the week - not just on Sundays.

Contributions +64

Store review - not restaurant - Edit

I love this little health food store for when I'm running low on vegan supplies and don't feel like a big store trip. Two things to note - they are not open Saturdays and they charge tax on nutritional yeast. I have explained to the cashiers on several occasions that this is really inappropriate as you can't tax food in CA but they classify it as a vitamin, so tax it. I hate that 10% markup so shop elsewhere for my nootch.

Pros: good selection for a small store, fast checkout

Cons: They tax nutritional yeast - boo!, Closed Saturdays

full of life - Edit

I like the vitamin section there. They have cheap full of life vitamins. Pineapple enzyme and zinc lozenges for example for a great price. The vitamins sold me. They have variety of nut butters.The food in the store may be expensive but not the vitamins.They provide a variety of foods and taste treats vegetarian and otherwise.They have people helping with finding vitamins to consult with.The store is a good find.

Pros: vitamins prices, selections of items hard to get, fun taste treats like mochi

Cons: some foods seem overpriced, just the vitamins were well priced, they did sell meat

Great natural market - Edit

Full O' Life is a great local, small business alternative to shopping at Whole Foods or one of the bigger markets. They have a good variety,fresh vegetables and the staff is very knowledgeable.

Support small business!

Pros: Friendly & helpful staff, Small business

Cons: Closed Saturday, Closes early

small store with cafe - Edit

We stopped in today for the first time as I needed to get a few basic vegan items. It's a small store, but it had what I was looking for as well as organic produce. However, the vegan ice cream was placed next to the frozen meat which was disturbing to see. We also decided to check out the cafe menu to see if we wanted to get lunch to go, but the menu was not "full o' life", more like "full o' death". It was full of tuna, chicken and turkey breast, bacon and other dead animals as well as lots of dairy and eggs. It was hard to find the few vegan items like the sandwich and burger, neither of which seemed interesting, so we passed on ordering anything. Basically, I'd only return if I was in the area and needed to get some vegan essentials.

Pros: carries vegan basics, organic produce

Cons: sells meat, dairy and eggs, limited vegan menu at cafe

Fantastic healthy cafe! - Edit

This is a great little health food store. I'm sorry it took me so long to discover it. Its one of three places in all of LA that you can get a baked potato! Prices are low and we were able to get custom sandwiches and really good barely soup. The store itself is small, but has all the organic essentials. Its supper pleasurable shopping and dining here. Make sure to pull along the side street as access to the ample parking lot is about 25 feet beyond the alley, look for the signs.

Pros: healthy food, baked potato, soups

Great Vitamin Section - Edit

I live in Burbank and have been to gone to Full O' Life many times. I've never sat down and ate. The menu doesn't appeal to me, but mostly because I'm vegan and there are not that many flavorful sounded options. However, the store has an awesome vitamins section and the vitamin clerk is always willing to help. The store items are quite expensive and I usually always opt to go to Whole Foods in Glendale where items are a bit cheaper...believe it or not. But it is nice to have a store that offers so many products that I buy on a regular basis. If you are in a jam for vegetarian/vegan options definately check it out.

Pros: no waiting in lines, vitamin section, vegan products

Cons: expensive

Great Old Style Health Food Cafe - Edit

My focus here is the cafe which is only open for extended lunch hours (late morning to mid-afternoon) Monday thru Friday. The food is abundant, fresh, clean, healthy and delicious. Counter and table seating. Around noon there can be a bit of a wait to get seated. The menu is fairly extensive, includes entres with some meat and fish and numerous daily specials. Veg and vegan are easily doable. Made to order juices are available. I really like their green drink. Prices are low and everything is clean.

The rest of the store is well managed with a good organic produce section. Though well maintained and obviously continuously upgraded over the years, this business has been open for at least thirty years.

Return to Burbank Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Full O' Life Market and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2165 times since Aug 2007.