Fuel Cafe

516-933-3835

196 W Old Country Rd, Hicksville, New York, USA, 11801

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers low sugar desserts, low carb foods that's grilled or baked. Large menu. Has fresh juices, smoothies, protein shakes. Diner-like setting. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by PlantEatR

Fuel Cafe - Edit

Unfortunately tried this place for breakfast one morning. I was very eager to try a new place. The staff looks like they just came back from the gym, still in their workout gear. Ordered "Fuel Veggie 6 Egg White Omelette" with tomatoes and spinach, for $9.95, which comes with no sides. Ordered a side of fresh fruit for $3.95. The fruit was a small plate of cut up fruit. I understand that when you only offer egg whites on you menu, you probably use egg beaters. The omelette tasted like a dry, thin, flacid sponge. It was terrible, bland and flavorless. The tomatoes were dry and mealy and the spinach was not fresh and had obviously been previously frozen. I never leave food on my plate or, on the rare occation I am too full, I always take it home with me. I physically could not bring myself to finish eating this meal, it was so awful. I struggled to eat a little more than half of my omelette before I gave up. Under no circumstances would I suggest going to this place. Awful. Just awful.

Pros: Leaving.

Cons: Everything.

In a pinch - Edit

Their healthy eating focus is mostly high protein, low carb and protein smoothies (catering to some gym goers) but they also have a few vegan and vegetarian options which are ok in a pinch - simple soup, salad and veg wraps and sweet and regular potato air-cooked fries. Nice to have some options, grateful for the veg inclusion on the menu, but for a health conscious vegan looking for some fresh flavorful simple food, just a convenience, not a destination.

Pros: Some vegan options, Menu that omnivores and vegans can share, Friendly wait staff

Cons: Vegan food very simple, not much flavor

Return to Hicksville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fuel Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.