Fu Lin

• Veg-friendly
Contact 704-568-8877

5301 E Independence Blvd Ste F, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28212

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes 10 vegetarian items, plus several veg appetizer and noodle options. Kung pao tofu, Manchurian pakoras, and more. Open for lunch and dinner.

Category: Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kwonjc7

Fabulous Fusion Asian Food - Edit

My wife and I were at a hockey tournament in Matthews, NC, and on the droid the happy cows app showed this restaurant as an option. When we pulled into the area, it was a little scary with a lingerie store on the left, a show club on the right, and a comedy club a few doors down. As we entered Fu Lin (FL), the restaurant had a nice atmosphere, very welcoming. We were the only customers at the time, so i was a little nervous. The owner was there and was very nice. His parents were from China, and he was from India (hence the Fusion cooking). The staff was very nice, attentive and very quick to serve. We ordered the tofu lettuce wrap appetizer, pan fried chicken dumplings, tofu fried rice, sesame chicken, and mongolian chicken. The food came out hot, quick and accurate. The wraps were phenomenal. Not too spicy, not too sweet, and just a hint of tang. The dumplings were nice size and no over cooked. My 4 year old daughter destroyed over half of the order of fried rice. The Mongolian chicken was interesting, as it was full of fresh peppers and onions. The sauce was a little sweet, as it tasted like there was hoisen sauce in it, but it blended well together.
I know that happy cows focuses more for vegetarians, but the service here was so good, because the staff paid attention to our needs. When they heard of my our dietary needs (wife lactose intolerant, and i cannot eat sea food), they took the time to make sure we were comfortable at what we ate. This is a restaurant that we will be visiting many times in the future as we head to Charlotte at least three times a year.
And if anyone had a concern about nobody being there, it was funny cause at the beginning of the meal FL was empty, but by the time our meal came, the entire restaurant was full. Probably about 20 tables.

Pros: Great Food, Great Service, Food Price

Cons: location

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fu Lin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1873 times since Apr 2010.