Fu Kang Vegetarian Stall

( 1 review )
n/a

848 Yishun St 81, North Singapore, Singapore, 760848

Vegetarian food stall located within a coffeeshop near Khatib MRT. Cater mostly to the morning crowd, most of the cai png dishes are ready at around 5:30am and usually finish by 11am after which owners will start doing zi char style dishes and the last order ends at around 2pm. Fried noodles and rice available from 11:30am-1:30pm. Vegans should specify no egg. Open Mon-Sun 5:00am-2:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Singaporean

1 Review

First Review by jacs

Value For Money - Edit

When I first visited this stall a few months ago, I thought it was just another typical Chinese vegetarian stall.

After a few more visits, I realised they do serve some uncommon dishes occasionally like sweet potato leaves, lotus roots, kelp, tempeh, various mushrooms (oyster, enoki, monkeyhead, straw) and melons/gourds that I do not know the names of. They also serve petai on a daily basis but it may be sold out depending on the time of visit.

I suggest going before 10am if you wish to experience the variety of cai png dishes and after 11am for the zi char dishes.

One thing I want to commend is that their brown rice is always well-cooked (the way I like it) and they charge the same price for brown and white rice which I think encourages healthy eating.

The cai png pricing as seen in the photo is probably the cheapest and best value-for-money I have ever seen in Singapore. Do PM me if you see a better deal elsewhere.

According to the stall head, they have been in business here for slightly over a year and they have branched out from another stall in Pasir Ris. I did an online search on their name but couldn't find anything. Maybe it went by a different name.

This is my 1st review at happycow and I hope it is helpful especially for fellow vegetarian tourists taking the MRT to Khatib for the free shuttle bus to the zoo. This is currently the nearest vegetarian stall to Khatib MRT that serves a full meal.

I also suggest buying takeout at this stall even though it is not that environmentally friendly. (Reasons stated in cons below)

Pros: Cheap, Uncommon cai png dishes, Some dishes got the homecooked taste

Cons: Birds feeding on leftovers inside the coffeeshop, Dine-ins served on a piece of paper over a tray, Dine-outs not exactly environmentally friendly too

2 Responses

CherylQuincy 19 Mar 2018 - Hi jacs!

Awesome first review! Very detailed and informative. I’ll visit this stall some day.

Cheers

jacs 20 Mar 2018 - Hi CherylQuincy!

I forgot to add that the coffeeshop is opposite the 24hr Sheng Siong. Next to Fu Kang is a stall selling kueh and a shop selling fruits. There is a POSB ATM directly in front of Fu Kang too.

Return to North Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fu Kang Vegetarian Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.