First Review by Petere

Staff not very friendly. Food OK. - Edit

We got there after doing some sightseeing and we're very hungry. I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any tofu available, he said no then I had a closer look and noticed they did have some so I asked for it. He gave me 1 tiny chunk of it so I asked for some of the curried potatoes and green veg. It was a tiny portion and I was still hungry afterwards. I asked if they sold drinks and he pointed out some very very weak, cold tea on the side. We didn't have any and he charged us 11 RM for the food (2 plates), which is not as cheap as people have said. Food was OK and would have been satisfied of the staff were friendlier. Just got the feeling he didn't like us for some reason.

Pros: cheap , food was nice but cold

Cons: staff unfriendly , small portion

Cheap & Good... A simple eatery - Edit

The one and only vegetarian outlet in Cameron Highlands. (Although I don't understand why there is no other vegetarian restaurant on a hill selling mainly fresh vegetables)
Everything is RM2. Food is good. People are humble and friendly.

Pros: cheap, adequate, location

Cons: limited choices

2RM for 3 dishes and rice - Edit

This place was very busy when we visited for lunch. It was just 2RM to pick 3 dishes with rice. All the dishes we tried were tasty. It wasn't a massive portion but filling enough. I just wish it was closed to my hotel!!

Pros: Tasty food, Extremely cheap

Great value Great food - Edit

It's a great vegetarian restaurant run by a mother with the help of daughters. The bah kut teh soup is pretty tasty. They have vegetarian steamboat at night during peak season.

Pros: good value, good food

Cons: only white rice, no brown rice

great find and worth seeking out - Edit

Stumbled upon this wonderful restaurant recently. Although we had read about it we had some difficulty locating it. It was well worth the search. Brightly lit, welcoming in its presentation, but totally empty we decided to take the plunge. Our hosts were wonderful. The lass serving us explained her mother was passionate about cooking vegetarian food and it was wonderful to sit in a Malalysian restaurant with a sign saying "thank you for not bringing spirits or meat into our restaurant". After some discussion we settled on having the steam boat and when we explained our ignorance but our eagerness to try new things, the lass proceeded to cook our dinner at the table with us. There was so much variety of ingredients to add to our soup, many foreign to us, but she explained everything with humour and patience. We ate until we were full and there was so much more we coud have cooked!

Return to Cameron Highlands Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fu Guang Vegetarian Fast Food Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3405 times since Feb 2011.