CLOSED: Fu Do

907-561-6610

2600 E Tudor Rd, Anchorage, Alaska, USA, 99507

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese restaurant where the staff seem knowledgeable in vegan specifications. Vegetarian section on menu is marked "vegetables and bean curd." Could omit egg in a dish. Confirmed closed May 2017.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by Sarah P

Good option for Chinese food in Alaska - Edit

I miss good vegan Chinese food in Alaska. After looking in Homer, Kenai, Soldotna, Haines, Juneau, Fairbanks, and Anchorage, I couldn't believe when I walked into Fu Do, asked for vegetarian options, and was asked "are you looking for vegan- do you want egg or no egg?". Although I already had dinner plans elsewhere, I had to order some takeout with that promising request. I asked a lot of questions, and settled on the mixed vegetables with added tofu for a $2 upcharge. The meal was as good as I could have hoped for the region, it was pricey, but worth the vegan Chinese meal. There was no brown rice option. The chef confirmed that the vegetable roll wrappers did not contain any egg, but I couldn't make that leap of trust to order them without eggs. I will definitely be returning to Fu Do, and am comfortable with the apparent understanding of the staff and owners of vegan considerations with no meat in sauces.

Pros: plentiful vegan options for the region, good, tasty food, knowledgeable and accommodating staff

Cons: somewhat expensive

Return to Anchorage Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Fu Do closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.