Fruition Vegan Kitchen

781-391-0903

472 High St (at Harvard Ave), Medford, Massachusetts, USA, 02115

A vegan comfort food restaurant offers an eclectic selection of unique salads, nontraditional sandwiches, hearty soups & stews, and plenty of blue plate specials. Mainly take-out and delivery due to limited seating (2 small tables inside). Near the commuter rail stop. Opened December 2015. Open Thu-Sat 5:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-2:00pm. Closed Sun.

Categories: Vegan, American, Italian, Mediterranean

First Review by nafanc

Awesome Comfort Food! - Edit

Just had the Gyro bowl and I can honestly say it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. BBQ Seitan with sweet potato special was excellent, as was the Greek salad. Big portions at a great price. I look forward to eating here often.

A vegan oasis in the heart of Medford. - Edit

It warms my vegan heart to see all vegan establishments popping up in the Boston area and Fruition Kitchen is a welcome addition! It's a tiny space with limited seating that makes up for it in a big way with its awesome menu. We made a visit during lunch and shared a Greek salad which would fool non-vegans with its tofu feta and superb dressing. Yum!I had the buffalo bowl, my friend has the fruition bowl, both were superb, the ingredients were fresh, with just the right amount of flavor, and they were both filling. There are also vegan treats, and the chocolate chip cookie we shared after was super yummy! The owner prepares everything himself in the kitchen located in the back, and our meal came out in a timely manner. Wishing him much success!!

Very good and friendly - Edit

Small mom and pop restaurant. Very friendly. They will if asked tell you all about local vegan options.

Good price and serving sizes

Pros: Tastes good , Price , Portions

Fantastic Value! - Edit

In short: this place has delicious vegan takeout for great prices.

For those who may remember Vej Naturals or the early days of Pulse, the same chef (Bob Bouley) is working magic in the Fruition Vegan Kitchen.

I've been there 3 times so far and tried: Caesar Salad, Lebanese Salad, Caprese Sandwich, Moqueca and Gyro Sandwich. All were quite sizable for the price ($8 salads, $8.5 sandwiches, $10 entree). The salads are the size of a full meal, FYI. My favorites were the Caesar Salad and Caprese Sandwich, but I enjoyed them all.

The menu varies from week to week (check their website) and is mostly Americana cuisine with some International options. It's mostly on the healthy side (for example, the falafel is baked, not fried), but also tasty, even if some familiar dishes (e.g., falafel, tofu moqueca) aren't as salty/greasy as you might expect. But some dishes are decadent (e.g., seitan gyro). Occasionally, off-menu options may be available, while supplies last (e.g., baked goods, sides like stuffed grape leaves).

On the downside, this place is small, basically just a takeout counter (with 2 tiny 2-person tables on the side), so you probably shouldn't expect to eat here. My experience calling in orders has been great, my food has been ready in 10 minutes, by the time I got there.

Also, note that the hours are limited (3 hrs for lunch + 3 hrs for dinner, Tues-Sat).

I uploaded some pictures of the storefront and food & will try to add more later. I plan to go here at least once a month.

Pros: great food, bargain prices, friendly staff

Cons: tiny (virtually no seating), limited hours

Utterly awesome - Edit

This place is amazing. The owner is super nice, the concept (no-frills, affordable vegan comfort food) rocks, and the food is finger-licking good.

We stopped in last night just before closing. We ordered the Tuscan and the Seitan Philly.

The Tuscan was out of this world. The homemade breaded cutlet was spectacular - it was savory, soft, and crunchy all at once - and it was perfectly complemented with sweet, caramelized onions and greens.

The Philly was overflowing with homemade seitan, homemade soy cheese, and mushrooms. It was really tasty, but I think some extra onions and green peppers could have taken it to the next level. Even so, this was a hearty and soul-satisfying sandwich.

On top of the wonderful meal, we also enjoyed talking with the owner. He was a delightful, down-to-earth guy who is passionate about his food and committed to providing tasty homemade vegan fare to the community at affordable prices. He is always trying new things in the kitchen - he said he changes up the menu frequently with new innovations, and he is also open to taking recommendations for recipes, which is pretty cool. Moreover, the prices are great - it's refreshing to be able to get a meal for less than $10, especially given that vegan food around Boston often has exorbitant markups.

All in all, we had a great experience here, and we're looking forward to coming back.

Pros: Delicious, Unbeatable value, Nice owner

Return to Medford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fruition Vegan Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.