Frost Me Sweet Bakery and Bistro

509-420-4704

710 The Pkwy (at George Washington Way), Richland, Washington, USA, 99352

Serves meat, vegan options available. This bistro and bakery offers vegan curry, soups, salads, cupcakes, and daily specials. Nice atmosphere with music and couches for lounging. Free Wi-fi. NOTE: Aug 2016 reported poor vegan options - please update. Open Mon-Tue 10:00am-9:00pm, Wed 9:00am-8:00pm, Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by EmmyPitcher

It's not the place that's described - Edit

The staff was definitely sweet and amazing, however the only thing with a vegan option was a curry dish. I went with my kids hoping for pizza and they quit serving pizza a long time ago. They don't even provide a veggie burger option over beef so sadly, there is no happy cows here. Also, the restaurant closes at 8 and not 9 although they were sweet enough to serve us anyway.

Not a lot of vegan fare - Edit

Opinions will vary, but I do not award credit for "vegan pizza" if you don't have vegan cheeze and vegan meat substitutes. I was here looking for dinner, so I had the curry, the only thing on the menu that was actually vegan. Too bad I wasn't in a dessert mood, clearly the true vegan cred here is the cupcakes.

Love it! - Edit

Frost Me Sweet is a locally owned bistro/bakery that has vegan cupcakes. On that note alone I am sold. The cupcakes are a little bit pricey. About 2.75 a peice for a small cupcake. BUT they are delicious and lets face it...it's not something you should be eating to often anyways. I have been there twice now and both times the wait staff was friendly and attentive. I must be honest though the vegan options could definitley be better. There is alot of meat on the menu....alot. So anything you order will have to be modified. However I have heard they change up their menu during the summer to support the local farmer's market that happens literally right in front of their door. They have a fantastic bean burger which can be made vegan and they have a vegan soup of the day almost everyday. Everything tasted fresh and delicious, and they emphasize using local organic food. Wins all around!! Definitley drop in if you have a sweet tooth they cupcakes are great. I have had their Vegan Chocolate Salted Caramel cupcake (my personal favourite) the Vegan Mega Prega (chocolate and raspberry) and the Vegan Strawberry Champage cupcake (wonderful light flavor on that one). Don't miss it and if you live in the Tri-Cities you can feel good about supporting a local business that is commited to buying produce from our local farmers. :)

Pros: Friendly Staff, Locally Owned, Fantasic Bakery

Cons: Alot of meat on the menu

Contributions +86

Vegan friendly & specialty cakes - Edit

This place is your salvation in the tri-cities!
They serve vegan pizza and fresh salads with ingredients sourced from the farmer's market, which happens to be right out front on Friday mornings in season. We had gorgeous salads with fresh figs and artfully drizzled balsamic reduction, and a pizza just right for two. The owner, Megan, is a vegetarian with vegans in her family, so she totally understands pure veg cuisine. We had our vegan wedding cake made here! It was so beautiful! Megan even helped me find an organic farm to provide the flowers for our wedding. Her sweetness and helpfulness definitely pushed this place to 5 stars. It seems to be popular with ladies who lunch, so expect to be patient if you hit the lunch rush. When we went in for dinner, it was very relaxed with nice ambiance and inviting to enjoy beer or wine. This place was the key to making our wine country wedding a success and I am very grateful to them!

Pros: Vegan cakes made to order, and vegan cupcakes, Fresh, organic salads, artfully served, Emphasis on organic ingredients when possible

Return to Richland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Frost Me Sweet Bakery and Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.