Frisch Compassionate Eatery

Contact 801-906-8277

145 E 1300 S Ste 201, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84115

Vegan cuisine and baked goods and coffee bar. Sample menu items include a sesame chickn wrap, spice mac-n-cheez, and daily specials. Est. 2012 at 135 E 1300 S and moved here 2014. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Meggie and Ben

Great Place - Edit

I had the Frisch nachos with spicy soy chicken twice, and it was delicious both times. There is so much food that I could share with the kids, and we all had plenty! The staff is AMAZING! Our first week in SLC we found Frisch, and the staff literally wrote down all the vegan places in the city that they knew of....along with a couple of cool tattoo shops also! The place has a great vibe, and the dessert case is AMAZING.

Pros: Yummy food, Amazing Staff, Dessert to die for

Cons: none.

So good! - Edit

Just found this gem but instantly fell in love! The people are so great, menu is kind of small but varied, daily specials, food is awesome! They have great lunch/dinner options and baked goods that are too yummy to resist.

Pros: So good - great menu, Daily specials, Baked goods

inconsistent - Edit

I really think consistency is important at a restaurant and I just don't feel like Frisch has that. Some of their stuff is great, but others are just OK. Like the mac n cheese, I can make that better at home. And I don't even use vegan butter or anything. You think a restaurant could make a great vegan mac. Maybe the spicy version is way better.
The salads and soups are really damn good though. I don't get those often at restaurants. Sometimes the specials are really good, other times OK. The desserts are good, although really indulgent.
Staff is super nice and I love the atmosphere. The vegan imagery, literature, etc is super great. I like the discount for posting on social media too.
I will try it a third time, but I hope my friends or I won't be disappointed.

Pros: great staff and atmosphere, variety of options

Cons: inconsistency, moderate prices

Yes Please! - Edit

This was one of my first stops after becoming vegan and it definitely opened my eyes and showed me that I can still eat whatever the hell I want and you sacrifice nothing when you become vegan. Great food! Great staff! Great restaurant overall! I drive over a half hour just to eat here!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 29, 2015

Pros: Delicious food, obviously (Their F***ing Oreos , Close to Downtown SLC and a Trax Station, Great and Friendly Staff!

A MUST visit stop in Salt Lake City - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Salt Lake City. The owners and staff are wonderful, kind, and make everyone feel welcome. The food is delicious for vegans and others. It is a great place to take someone for lunch, or for their first vegan meal out. It is in fact the first vegan restaurant I ate at in Salt Lake City myself. I've been hooked ever since.

They usually have a special, as well as their standard menu. Some of my favorites are the "Fancy Boy" wrap, and the nachos. They also have a great coffee bar, as well as a display case of treats made from Cakewalk Bakery for dessert.

The location is bright, happy, and worth finding. There is no sign at the top of the business, so look for the signs on the windows. If you would like ice for your water - just ask, and they'll get you some.

Pros: Delicious Food, Good Size Portions, Friendly Staff

Good experience! - Edit

Customer service was excellent, a very cozy quaint place! I had an amazing salad which I really enjoyed and their dillos are also quite good along with their brownies! The only thing that I wasn't too thrilled with was their spicy chicken wrap. I found that it was way too much chicken, I could not eat that much and the flavor was rather boring for me, it just tasted like pepper. It was though, beautifully prepared. I would have preferred more veggies and perhaps something that would have neutralized the overly pepper taste, perhaps cheese or some kind of mayo.. not sure.

Pros: Awesome tempeh salad, Great service and ambience, Lovely desserts

Cons: not a fan of the spicy chicken wrap

Great Find - Edit

During a recent trip to SLC we tried Frisch and liked it so much we returned for a second visit. The food was good, staff very friendly and the service quick. Hope to eat their again someday.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 27, 2015

Pros: Nice setting, Good Food, Friendly staff.

Hidden gem- awesome salads & good prices! - Edit

I was traveling and looking for a lunch with real veggies (no iceberg) and this eatery was perfect! I am vegan, and eat low soy and low wheat. I called ahead, a meal to-go, and got the 3 salad combo: tuNO, tempeh kale and quinoa black bean. I do not like tempeh usually but this was so tasty i ate it all! The tuNO salad relieved me from my seafood craving (ive been struggling with for months now)! The TuNO is made from chickpeas and seaweed, yum! I would definately recommend these salads (all made with fresh spring greens- no iceberg!).
The order was ready upon my arrival and the staff were super friendly. Though im not a local, i will definately stop here next time im traveling thru.

Good organic eats - Edit

Frisch offers a diverse enough menu that most people should be able to find something appealing. I enjoyed the nachos and the special wrap of the day.

The fact that most of their produce is local and organic is very much appreciated, and earns them a fifth happy cow.

Enjoy!

Pros: Uses mostly local and organic produce, all vegan

Friendly Staff but Fake Meat/Soy-Heavy Menu - Edit

I stopped in at Frisch Compassionate Eatery twice during a recent business trip to Salt Lake City. The first time was during the dinner hour. When we entered, the staff greeted us warmly. However, I was with a friend who looked over the menu and chose not to stay. Her comment was that the menu was more of a lunch than a dinner menu. It's true, there were a lot of salads and wraps on the menu.

About a week later, I came back again. It was a rainy day, I was very hungry, and was looking forward to a great hot vegan meal. I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed. The dinner entree items -- i.e., items other than salads and wraps -- were very soy-heavy. There was a preponderance of fake meat items such as "soy chicken" which I don't care for.

I ended up choosing the chili. Sadly, it was very, very dry. I was embarrassed to mention this to the staff and quietly poured a few tablespoons of my tea into it too loosen it up. Maybe I should have tried one of the other menu offerings. From the review, the "soy chicken" seems to be popular with the locals.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere and decor, All vegan

Cons: Very soy/fake meat dependent menu, menu is more of a lunch than dinner menu

Amazing! - Edit

Oh my god! This place is so amazing. Great service, friendly workers, and the food is to die for. If you come to Salt Lake, you NEED to eat here and at least try some of their yummy goodies!

Love it - Edit

I was here last year, and I will absolutely be back if I'm ever in SLC again. The food is tasty, and the staff was really nice, the waiter actually stopped by my table for a little while (I was eating alone) and had a pleasant conversation. Check it out!

Pros: friendly staff, good food, nice vibe

YUM!!! - Edit

My family and I just ate at this amazing restaurant and can't wait to return. My husband and I loved what we ordered and what the other ordered. My son thought the Mac and cheese was delicious! We also tried the deserts and thought they were amazing!

Pros: friendly staff, great food , good value for cost

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Frisch Compassionate Eatery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.