First Review by Stefan Daystrom

delicious burritos - Edit

Frijoles is a regular stop for my fiancé and I. I love their fresh ingredients and their moderate use of salt (unlike most burrito places that over salt everything). They occasionally have an amazing house made vegan chipotle sauce which is to die for with the sweet potato burrito. Great staff too!

fresh Mexican - Edit

The food here is very fresh and service is fast. You order at the counter and they bring the food to the table. We had the burritos which were very good but as in the previous review - not amazing. The salsa and guacamole had too many onions in them.
The cost was about $8 each.
You can pick what you want to put in it. I had guacamole rice black beams pico de gillo and salsa and corn in a whole wheat wrap. They toasted it and rolled into a nice crispy huge burrito.
The service was very friendly and accommodating. The place is casual and brightly colored.
They didn't have water by the glass- you have to buy a bottle!

Pros: fresh, fast , accommodating

Cons: no glasses of waterr, too many onions

good burrito, vegan labeling for sauces - Edit

I custom ordered a burrito with all-vegan ingredients just to see how it was. It was quite good, though not the best veggie burrito I've ever had. I had both pinto and black beans, corn (instead of rice), various salad ingredients, and the mildest vegan sauce listed (salsa verde), which was labeled "medium" but was closer to "mild" to my taste (and I prefer things mild!). (The two sauces labeled "mild" both have dairy.) I had it with the whole wheat wrap (tortilla), which was good, but started falling apart (flaking apart, rather than soaking apart like burritos at other places sometimes do!) before I had finished it.

One thing I miss, though (that I've had at some other burrito places), is the lack of grilled veggies as a choice of ingredient.

At present, they DO NOT take credit cards (only debit cards and cash). The reason: They don't have a chip card machine yet, and they told me that per Canadian law, they can't accept credit cards at all if they don't have a chip card machine.

Pros: vegan sauces identified on board, corn availalbe as ingredient, whole wheat wrap available

Cons: mildest sauces are not vegan, no credit cards for now, whole wheat wrap fell (flaked) apart

Return to Niagara Falls Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Frijoles closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3168 times since Feb 2012.