First Review by BeatriceLangefors

Cute little place - Edit

Friendly Food serves wholesome, affordable vegan food which is really good. The lady who worked there was very friendly and helpful and the food was quite nice. Compared to some of the other places in Lisbon I ate at, the food here tasted kind of bland but for the price, it's still worth it and I would completely recommend this place.

Pros: friendly staff, affordable

Cons: food was a bit boring

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 03 Jun 2016 - Thank you so much for your comment! :) I hope next time you'll have a perfect experience at all levels! Good energies to you! Luísa - Friendly Food

Great! - Edit

It is so great that this is an all vegan restaurant. The food is simple and tasty and the sweets/desserts are very nice!

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 20 Jan 2016 - Thank you so, so much for your nice comment!! Good energies to you! Luísa - Friendly Food

Hidden little place but the food... - Edit

...the food makes it all worth!!
All Vegan, all homemade, most bio and macro. What can go wrong?! The place being crowded!
Apart from that, the food is really good, baked at the moment and homemade.
The owner is a wonderful person who cares a lot about her food and how you're treated, and that is reflected in the whole experience.
The only drawbacks are its location and the place being small (8 people seats).
Oh, and you can take-away too!!

Pros: Food! Is really really good!, Sympathy and care of staff/owner, All Vegan

Cons: Small Place with only ~8 seats, Hidden in a typical Bairro of Lisboa

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 20 Jan 2016 - Thank you so, so much for your nice comment and lovely words!!! :) Good energies to you :D Luísa - Friendly Food

Friendly Food - Edit

The place is small but cosy. Luisa carefully selects the ingredients and prepares the food handsomely. Simple and healthy. From the juices, to the home-made tofu, to the delicious desserts, everything is a bit unique and very genuine.

Pros: Healthy, Tasty, Inexpensive

Cons: small space

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 25 Nov 2015 - Hugo, thank you so, so much..!! I will keep with my work and dedication, as a feedback to your lovely comment. Wish you the best :D Luísa - Friendly Food

Simple place, simple food - Edit

I have been a couple of times now to this restaurant, owned by a friendly lady. It is a macrobiotic/ vegan/ mostly gluten-free place: I find this to be an interesting and relatively rare combination in Lisbon.

Quite close to Morais Soares Avenue or 10-15' walk from Alameda tube station (in case you are coming the other way), you can find this restaurant set within a typical borough of Lisbon. Some people complain about the location. I don't mind really. Typical boroughs are like that. I don't like very modern and fancy places anyway. I enjoy listening to the cars passing by, children and adults going up and down the street. I find it is part of its charm and simplicity.

Regarding the food: it is always good. I've never eaten bad-quality food there. The ingredients are very nice too. It is obvious that everything is made with great care and dedication. It all tastes to me like it's handmade. My favorites: the sugar-free desserts (to die for), the salty pastry that comes with the main dish and, last but not least, the grains (one of the best in town).

Compared to many other vegetarian restaurants in Lisbon - where, to be honest, I have not eaten better than here -, this is an absolutely inexpensive place with very healthy and good-quality food. It is a simple place with simple food. Worth visiting.

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 13 Nov 2015 - Thank you very, very much for your lovely comment, with all the depth and nice description! I will give back by continuing my work and dedication. I wish you the best :D Luísa - Friendly Food

A lovely place - Edit

A really nice woman that owns the place offering really good food! Everything the day I was there was gluten free and all of her food she has made herself :-) I left happy and satisfied!

Pros: Tasty food, Healthy and homemade, Gluten free options

Cons: Place could be cozier

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 10 Nov 2015 - Thank you so much for such nice words!!! It's diffcult to know who you are just by reading your comment, but I rarely forget the people who visit the place... I wish you the very best :D Luísa - Friendly Food

Muito bom :) - Edit

Comida fantástica com menus flexíveis e preços acessíveis. O único senão é mesmo a localização: merecem estar num lugar muito mais acessível.

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 20 Oct 2015 - Melzinha, muito obrigada pelo teu comentário tão positivo e incentivador! É bom receber pessoas tão simpáticas como vocês (lembro-me bem de quando lá foram). Boas energias para vocês! :D Luísa - Friendly Food

Really nice small restaurant - Edit

This lovely and unpretentious Vegan restaurant only opened 3 weeks ago but I was really impressed by its quality.
The owner is really nice and welcoming. She told us that the tofu, tempeh and seitan she serves, is all hand made by her. I had the chance to eat the Seitan and it was really great.
My wife ate a lentils burger which was also really good. Both dishes came with a zucchini salad and millet, and we had the chance to try the samosas and the juices, all were good.
To end our meal, we had two very nice and sugar free deserts.
I'll definitely come back.. often!

Pros: Really not expensive, Nice atmosphere, Good food

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 15 Oct 2015 - Pedro, thank you so much for these nice words! I appreciated a lot and my retribution is to keep on with my work and dedication. Obrigada :) Luísa - Friendly Food

Great, small, super authentic place! - Edit

A small place that had opened only 15 days ago when I was there. You can easily tell that the owner cooks with a lot of love, both from her enthusiasm and energy as well as from the taste. She makes everything from scratch, using her own ideas. I warmly recommend a visit!

Pros: Macrobiotic! Really not expensive.

3 Responses
Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 15 Oct 2015 - Thank you so much for your visit and lovely words, Beatrice! Wish you the best :) Luísa - Friendly Food

BeatriceLangefors 19 Oct 2015 - You're very welcome! I was considering adding the photo I made, but I'm not sure you'd want to. Here it is, I hope the link works.
All the best!
Bea

[img]https://goo.gl/photos/TiqQGb3K6xtLi1iw7[/img]

Avatar luisa dias

luisa dias 20 Oct 2015 - Beatrice :) I tried to see the photo, but the link didn't work. Don't worry... I can imagine more or less my face on it, eheheh. Thank you again, I really apreciated. Maybe we'll meet in the future, who knows :D Luísa - Friendly Food

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Friendly Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.