Friend of Vegetarian Food Stall - Heritage Food Paradise

139, Beach St, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia, 10200

素食之友 vegan food stall at Lebuh Pantai Heritage Food Paradise & Gallery. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-4:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Malaysian, Jay

First Review by AndreaJW

amazing affordable Malaysia food - Edit

I loved this place so much that I squeezed a second meal in before my ferry out. Owner is super nice. Only 4 ringgit for some of the best food I've eaten in Malaysia thus far.

Location listed is inaccurate - it's actually right next to Shan Lin vegetarian. He moved about two months ago.

Edit: there's two Friend of Vegetarians in Penang. The owner showed me both on Happy Cow. His has an inaccurate address listed... now I can't remember which it is 🤔

Pros: delicious , economic , authentic

Lovely fresh vegan food - Edit

We found Yew's hawker stall in the Heritage Food Paradise food court, where it has now moved to, by chance. We were in for a real treat, with very fresh food made for us at only RM4.50 per dish. There were only two choices of dishes before noon (curry mee and wanton mee) with a third being offered from midday, but they were both very delicious and fresh.

The food was also all vegan - 'strict' vegetarian. We spoke to Yew, the owner, and he told us some of the ingredients were soya based and there was no milk or eggs in any dishes. Simple and good value food.

Pros: Cheap and tasty , Freshly cooked, Vegan

Cons: Limited choice

Return to Penang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Friend of Vegetarian Food Stall - Heritage Food Paradise closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.