Friend of Mine

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers lots of vegan dishes clearly marked on menu including soup, mac n cheese and tofu Asian buns. Open Mon-Sun 07:00-22:00.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Asian, British, Non-veg

First Review by GoVeganScotland

Bettster

Points +50

31 Jul 2019

Great food contemporary decor - Edit

Well worth a visit if you're in the area. I had cauliflower steak and lemon garlic potatoes. All nicely presented and very tasty. Not loads of vegan options but I really enjoyed what I had. I had the vegan cookie and vegan strawberry gelato was excellent. Oat milk available for your cappuccino fix. I'll be back!

Pros: Very tasty food, Oat milk for coffees , Contemporary decor

Cons: Not loads of vegan options

ElizabethDryburgh

Points +22

21 Jul 2019

My Go To - Edit

Words cannot describe how much I love the dishes here. It’s a relatively small menu to begin with, so there’s not TONS of vegan options, but the ones they do have are INCREDIBLE. I am constantly raving about this place.

The Tofu Bao Buns and Cauliflower Steak are to die for. And I love the tender stem brocoli and lemon&garlic potato sides.

Just writing this makes me want to go!

P.S. Only one dessert option for vegan- but that cookie skillet is my absolute favourite. I order it every other time I’m there, and I’m really not a dessert person!

Pros: Tasty vegan options, Fresh and adventurous foods

Cons: Slightly pricier (but worth it), Limited mains options

utterly

Points +32

26 Apr 2019

Tasty and wonderful! - Edit

All vegan and vegetarian items were clearly marked and were so lovely! I've had the cauliflower steak, vegan mac n cheese, tofu bao buns, and rosemary chips. All were incredibly tasty. The restaurant has a cute design, the service is good, and I can't recommend the food enough. All napkins were also cloth and all drinks were served in glass bottles.

Nevecaffrey

Points +151

21 Apr 2019

Wish I could give 5 stars!! - Edit

The menu is full of vegan options, in fact I think all the sides are options! From small, large, buns and burgers, desserts and sides all have amazing and delicious vegan options that go’s far beyond what is usually on offer for us vegan!

The place it’s self is so lovely, great atmosphere where the kitchen is actually on show. The vegan mac and cheese is out of this world, the spicy tofu bao buns were some of the best I have tried and even the chickpea side salad was fresh and flavourful! CAN NOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH!!

katy.graham95

Points +128

03 Apr 2019

Best vegan food in Stirling - Edit

Been to eat here several times and have never been disappointed. Food is delicious and imaginative. The vegan cookie skillet is to die for 😍

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Friendly staff , Great pudding

imogenmichel

Points +1833

08 Feb 2019

Excellent, clearly-labelled vegan food - Edit

I came here for a light meal recently and it was excellent! The menu was clearly labelled with a range of vegan options, including an absolutely delicious vegan cookie skillet! I really enjoyed the vegan mac and cheese and will certainly come back again next time I'm in the area.

GoVeganScotland

Points +270

28 Jan 2019

Excellent vegan options in this small town - Edit

Very happy to find such great hot savoury food after my walk by Loch Ard. Tried the miso soup, tofu buns and mac n cheese (see pics) and everything was really tasty. They confirmed they have a vegan cookie they can serve with gelato but I had no room left for that. The oat milk latte was delish too.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Imaginative and flavourful , Lovely venue and friendly staff

Return to Bridge Of Allan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Friend of Mine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2050 times.