CLOSED: Frida Antojitos Mexicanos

Contact 957475425

Ronda de Isasa 6, Cordoba, Spain, 14003

Serves meat, vegan options available. In a city with little veg food, this offers some vegetarian choices: salad, guacamole, tacos, burritos, sopes. Vegans need to specify. Reported closed to HappyCow, Jan 2015.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Maggie

Nice Atmosphere, mediocre food - Edit

I loved the staff and decor at this restaurant, but the food was a little on the simple side. I usually like 'simple' food, meaning not over-thought or over-worked, no crazy techniques, etc etc. But this place was very plain, just a flat bread with a few vegetables inside it and some dry lettuce on the side. It was good, but I ended up ordering a side after my plate was delivered to me. I listened to the conversation of a group of teenagers who came in after me and they must be regulars because they ordered what seemed like a massive amount of food but in reality was just enough.
Overall I would go back, armed with the knowledge that the portions are small and the food is not spectacular. I think it would be a great place to go with a bunch of friends! Otherwise you get a better value by making it yourself at home, which you can definitely do with as much skill as the chef here.

Nice decor.....but overall slightly disappointing! - Edit

I discovered Frida Antojitos Mexicanos through Happy Cow and was looking forward to trying out some vegetarian food in Cordoba, as options here are limited and veg-friendly restaurants are hard to come by.

The place has a lovely atmosphere and it is vibrantly decorated with various Frida Kahlo memoribilia and typical Mexican ornaments. The waitress was friendly and polite and me and my friend did not have to wait long for our food.

However, both my friend and I were slightly disappointed with the food. Firstly, the strawberry margarita my friend wanted wasn't available, so she got the lemon one, which she found too creamy and not slushy enough. Whilst I appreciated there being veggie options on the menu, I was slightly underwhelmed (as was my friend) by the veggie burrito. We asked the waitress if the burrito would come with salsa, sour cream and guacamole (for almost 7 euros, we hoped so) to which she replied 'no'. She agreed to give us some on the side (but the sour cream never showed up :-( ) I asked her what was inside and she said peppers, onions, corn, carrot...and not a lot else, really. I asked if she could add some beans inside to make it a bit more of a hearty meal and she politely said yes. When the burritos came, my friend and I were very disappointed with the portion size - both of us agreed they were the thinnest, least filled burritos we've ever had. Now, we're both used to over-stuffed burritos (probably the size of 2 of the burritos we were given), with beans, rice, cheese, various veggies and the all important salsa, guacamole and sour cream, so for us it certainly left much to be desired. We were still hungry, so we ordered some nachos (the waitress was helpful and made one half with chicken for my friend and the other half without any for me) and they were okay, but again, for the portion size, a bit too pricey.

The food didn't taste bad or anything, but I was certainly hoping for bigger portion sizes, sour cream and a lime slice (not lemon) in my Corona!

Pros: Lovely decor, Friendly staff, Food arrived quickly

Cons: Portion sizes , Pricey, No sour cream

Great Mexican food and lovely atmosphere - Edit

We found this restaurant, a few houses from the Amaltea, also reviewed here, and ended up liking it much more. It has lots of vegetarian choices and more limited vegan choices, but the waitress was really helpful (even with limited English), and we ended up with a fantastic meal. The guacamole was among the best I've ever tasted, we were served marinated olives we didn't order but were amazing, and we had a veggie burrito and a mushroom tortilla, I think, which were wonderful, served with an fabulous salsa. Better than most Mexican restaurants I've eaten at, and I've eaten at many, and the best restaurant for vegans I ate in while in Spain.

Pros: helpful, friendly staff, good choices, cozy atmosphere

Cons: none

Return to Cordoba Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Frida Antojitos Mexicanos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 935 times since Apr 2012.