REMOVED: Freshness Burger - Tokyo

Contact 12345678

Meiji Dori (at near Shinjuku Dori junction), Tokyo, Japan,

Serves meat, vegan options available. An organic burger chain with branches in Asia. Offers 2 veg burgers on the menu: vegetable burger beans and vegetable burger tofu. Located in the busy neighborhood of Shinjuki. Removed as they no longer offer veggie burgers.

Category: Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MtVic

Are they still vegetarian at all? - Edit

In recent weeks I've been into three different outlets that I used to frequent and all have stopped doing any kind of veggie burger. They couldn't tell me whether this was nationwide and I was unable to find an email contact so I sent a letter to their headquarters in Aoyama requesting a clarification and explanation. I wrote it in Japanese leaving my full details but I never got a reply. Can anyone else update me on this?

It may just be the places I go, but after many years in Japan I feel things are getting less vegetarian-friendly (not that it was ever very friendly). Several products that I used to buy have been discontinued or have had non-vegetarian ingredients added to them.

2 Responses

May not have veggie burger - Edit

We stopped here for some veggie burgers, after hunting in vain for something else in the area. We did not see either the bean burger or tofu burger on the menu. When we asked, we were told they were "sold out" of those. I don't know if that means they normally have them or not.

Cons: may be out of veggie burgers

Not veg-friendly if you are a strict veggie - Edit

The two vegetable burgers may be meat free but they are cooked on the same grill as the meat burgers, as are the buns. Depending on how strict you are you may want to skip and get a real veggie burger elsewhere! Fries and onion rings are also cooked alongside meat products. I do love their iced chai though...

Pros: Many locations, Yummy chai

Cons: Not strictly veggie

Tasty Burgers - Edit

We tried both vege burgers - the bean one and the tofu burger. Both were excellent - so much so that we ordered seconds!

The place is a simple fast-food style restaurant. Order at the counter and the meal is brought to you in a basket.

Good for a quick snack.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 18, 2012

Pros: Tasty

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Freshness Burger - Tokyo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1082 times since Aug 2012.