Freshii

• Veg-friendly
Contact 004316991439

Herrengasse 5, Wien, Vienna, Austria, 1010

Serves meat, vegan options available. International fast food chain restaurant where you can customize wraps, bowls, and salads. Choose your vegetables plus there is brown rice and a grilled tofu protein choice.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by TofuCelt

Good for what it is. - Edit

Sometimes you just want to go somewhere quick and easy. For a vegan, Freshii is that place. It's a chain, but I'm OK with that.

I love, love, love that I can customize what I order without a problem because I'm allergic to so many things. No need to ask for an ingredient list because I'm in charge of what goes into my food! Aaah, heaven.

What else can I tell you -- it's a little on the small side, but that's because it's a casual place. Not necessarily somewhere you want to take a large group of people, but good on your own or if you want something quick. It hit the spot for me. Will definitely go back. :-D

Pros: Good value, Fast, Inexpensive

Quick and easy option - Edit

After eating here for the first time, it is clear that the first reviewer is not only exaggerating, but factually wrong in saying it's "highly expensive". This is certainly not a gourmet dining establishment, but it does offer quick, healthy vegetarian options. It wouldn't be our first choice (the chilli we ordered was mostly a huge bed of rice on the plate, with a thin layer of chilli on top) but we wouldn't hesitate going there again.

The service was very friendly and efficient and the food is prepared as you watch. Prices are reasonable.

Certainly worth considering.

Pros: Good location, Decent food

Quick meal - Edit

I have had Freshii in Canada and really enjoyed their pick-a-soup options. Unfortunately there were no soups at the Vienna shop. As a family of 5 with three young children we often get bowls to share. The noodle bowl was good, but the teriyaki rice bowl was terrible. The rice was dry and without any flavour (which is why I ordered teriyaki so it would be filled with a teriyaki flavour!) it sort of tasted like the paper bowl it came in. The wraps were descent though. The humus and corn chips wasn't even enough to fill our 3 year old it was so small. The food isn't expensive but it isn't good either. I would think that as a quick-grab lunch it would be OK. Choose the wraps not the rice bowls. It just isn't as good as in Canada.

Pros: Quick and easy, vegetarian 'option'

Cons: Tastless, Limited items

fine fast food - Edit

The first review is nuts. I've been here a few times in Vienna, not lately, I think the last time I was there was in November. Now I knew what to expect as we have had Freshii in Canada for years and it's one of my favorite places to get lunch on the go. Yes I find it's a bit more expensive here, but 50 euros?! that's impossible. I've only ever had wraps or salads and they were always good. Its no michelin star restaurant- it's a healthy option for a fast food joint. plain and simple. Also the method of ordering is great! you can design your own meal!

Pros: fast, healthy, affordable

Not worth visiting - Edit

We couldn't believe that the previous review was realistic so we tried this place anyway. And true: the previous writer was really exaggerating. Freshii was not so bad, but we didn't enjoy it either.

The menu and settings looked excellent from outside. Almost every meal was vegetarian (you can choose the protein source from shrimps, chicken and tofu) and many of them vegan. Vegan options were clearly marked, although not in the paper menu but only on the wall.

But unfortunately the meals were not so excellent. I was disappointed that they used paper plates although in the pictures the meals were served on porcelain bowls. We ordered Buddha's Satay and the Wrangler. Both the noodles and rice were cold and dry. It felt like they'd been standing in the kitchen for hours. And we visited there after it had just opened! There was enough tofu and peanuts for me and the sauce was okay. But still the food wasn't so tasty. The tofus and peanuts didn't have enough spices in them and there was no dressing for the salad. They left out the cheese and cream sauce from my partners meal although only I asked for vegan food, and therefore the food tasted like it was missing something.

I don't understand how someone could have spent 50 euros per two persons, since our meals cost less than 10 euros per person, including drinks. I would call this place really inexpensive. And it is a fast food restaurant (and it definitely looks like it), so we weren't even expecting to be served .

Pros: many options, vegan ones marked , nice atmosphere, inexpensive

Cons: food cold and not tasty, paper plates

Ridiculous - Edit

This is one of the worst places that I have ever visited. I had seen this on happycow, but as there were no reviews, I decided that I would not bother trying it even before I had arrived in Vienna. However, on one of my days walking around the city, I had seen this place, looked at the menu, and decided to go into the eatery (I don't know how to describe this place but it is definitely not a restaurant!).

The place looked good, colours were bright and the menu sounded lovely, although quite expensive, even for Austrian standards. All looked inviting so we decided to give it a go. We were greeted by two very friendly guys. However, this is where all the good ended.

We were given two sheets of paper disguised as a menu. You can get the menu in a few languages. There was not much of a selection on the menu and there is a good bit of meat. After waiting a good while, we realised that we had to go up to the counter, to order, to pay, and to collect our food from the counter ourselves. Considering the outrageous prices, this was ridiculous.

Then came the dinner. What a disgrace! What a shame! What a waste of money! What a waste of time. What a disaster! What outrageous robbery! We were served basically 'rabbit-food', with about 5 beans, 5 peanuts, 10 miniscule pieces of tofu, and 4 lettuce leaves with sesame oil. And that is no exaggeration. My partner ordered another thing, but got what looked like exactly the same thing but with chicken replacing tofu by the same proportions. My partner tried both our dishes and said both tasted the exact same. It took me about two minutes to finish this hugely expensive 'snack'(because it definitely wasn't a meal!). It actually make me feel more hungry than I originally was. I actually went for a pizza after it....and I hate pizza....but I needed to fill my stomach.

My stomach was angry with me for feeding it such rubbish. My partner and my brain were just as angry with me for paying a whopping €50 for this rubbish. Never again. Even for Austria, a very expensive country, this was hugely abusive of prices.

I detest when people abuse vegetarism or so-called health foods and use it as an excuse to be mean and lazy with their food preparation. This is one of many times I had went out with my partner, who is not a veggie, and once again I was embarrassed by trying to support veggie-friendly places.

Do not go to this place unlike you have got the stomach of fly and are flash with money. I felt I was robbed.

Never again

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Hugely expensive, Miniscule meals, All foods taste the same.

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Freshii closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2053 times since Feb 2011.