Fresh

Contact +7-9652789089

Bolshaya Dmitrovka, 11, Moscow, Russia,

Opened in Aug 2012 by the Canadian chain Fresh, this place is mostly vegan with some raw food and has a detox menu. Uses superfoods in dishes like acai, goji berry, guarana, spirulina, maca powder, wheatgrass, and hemp protein. Extensive menu includes veggie burgers, burritos, sandwich rolls, and a selection of snacks. Trendy and modern yet casual. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Russian, Delivey

First Review by AzamatTseboev

Good but expensive - Edit

We had the onion rings burger which tasted good. The burgers are the cheapest item on the menu. The other dishes are a bit overpriced.

Pros: English menu and English speaking staff

Cons: Expensive, Portions could be bigger

This is your place in Moscow!!! - Edit

I am a Fresh frequent flyer! I spent two weekends in Moscow this summer, and I ate here seven times! I had their carrot cake at least 6 times!!! The food here is so good! It is fresh, creative, tasty, and it is original. The food does not imitate non-vegan food, but branches out into the creative and delicious variations that vegan food can and should be! The waitstaff are awesome. I felt like this was my home, and it kind of was, after I ate here 5 times in 3 days my most recent weekend in Moscow. It is near the Bolshoi Theatre, so if you are staying in that area it is very convenient. Also a convenient walk from the Kremlin / Red Square. Personal favorites: the carrot cake, you've got to have this! And the "otpusk" wrap is superb!!! Love it! Everything I had here was excellent. I also love their espresso, and the iced coffee with homemade coconut milk was even better! Love this place and the people that work there! I will miss you until I return in January! Kisses!

Pros: amazing vegan food, carrot cake, wait staff are awesome

great place - Edit

This Place Literally Smells Fresh When You Walk Through The Door ! ordered The BBQ Burger With Extra Sweet Potato Chips, Possibly Knew Of The Nicest Things I Have Ever Eaten ! Great Selection Of VegaN Puds.

Pros: extensive menu, friendly staff, English menu

Cons: can't think of any !

So nice! Highly recommended:)) - Edit

Very nice, comfortable, relaxed cafe. So much choice on the menu. A little expensive but I think it's worth it as all the food looked amazing. The waitress spoke to me in English but I don't know if they had an English menu. Good coffee. I'll definitely be back, and will not be going hungry in Moscow again.

Pros: lots of menu choices, selection on milk , healthy food

Cons: smoothie maker is very loud

Fancy fresh - Edit

It's nice to have this kinds of places in Moscow. Salads, healthy stuff, superfoods, soba, hooray. A bit of oriental vibe with some peanut sauces and a bit of Russian with buckwheat as an option to rice.

The price level is certainly high for Russia, but wasn't more than what we're used to in European cities. Waiters weren't too chatty indeed, but that's pretty Russian. It wasn't even the lack of English, as I speak Russian.

Pros: trendy food

Cons: expensive for Russia

I loved that place! - Edit

First of all, the staff is very helpful and they speak English very well (which is not very common in Moscow). The portions are not very big, but all we tasted was delicious! It is not cheap, but it is worth the money. The atmosphere is nice and it feels fresh, the place is large enough, and everything looks clean. Also, I learned that they prepared their own mayonnaise (there were 3 types), and since we can not find vegan mayonnaise in Turkey, they prepared some for us in a way that would be easy to carry on a flight.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere, clean place

So fresh for Moscow - Edit

Very progress-minded place for Moscow. Their menu reminds about some really nice vegan places in the US. The burger patty is absolutely outstanding and very balanced.
Of course, Moscow is not the cheapest place on Earth, unfortunately, but the prices here in Fresh seem to be pretty reasonable: regular omnivorous venues offer their mediocre food with poor service for similar prices. If you count these prices in dollars you'll get the prices of similar restaurants in California and NYC, and defenitely cheaper than Miami, Hawaii and Stockholm.
We disagree about posh and arrogant audience here. It's just the Moscow way -- people here feel free to be themselves. When we come here by bikes in sport clothes affected by Moscow autumn "road troubles" we still never feel miserable.
Waiters do their job well enough, but they are not chatty, even if you feel extravert and try to express how much you enjoy the food. But that's probably because they keep some distance due to the russian service tradition, when customers do not appreciate excessive communication with staff and prefer invisible service better than dialogue.

Pros: perfect taste, comfortable interior, healthy approach

Cons: not vegan, staff may seem slightly indifferent, unvegan dishes unmarked

Very chic and sophisticated... and expensive - Edit

Their website has a book on-line option (including in English), so I booked for a small group but they never replied so I had to go personally to do the booking, and for a such chic and sophisticated place it was disappointing that I had to wait a long time till they found someone who could speak English. Anyway, even after that, they failed, yeah, we arrived and the reservation was never made (despite I saw this person writing it in a book the day before).

After that bad moment, we could finally order. I won't mention the prices, the place it is obviously for well off people, which is fine, if the food is up to the same level.
The food -we ordered different dishes- was really good, I mean really really good, very impressive but not superb, definitely above the average but not something I hadn't tried before -and paying way less.

A WARNING or piece of advice if you ask ice-cream. It might be a Russian thing, because I had a similar experience in another places, but if you order 3 dishes as we do in west Europe, you'll get the 3 AT ONCE, not one after the other (and after you've finished them, obviously), so I ordered an entrée, a main dish and an ice-cream as dessert, and they brought ALL at once, including the ice-cream, which is silly, because it will melt before I'm done with the other 2. As I said, this happened to me in another restaurant and I found it bizarre but I didn't care until it occurred to me to order ice-cream. Well, if it is a Russian thing then we have to respect and accommodate to it, at least I know that for sure for next time.
In a nutshell, if you wanna impress someone, go for this place, is like chic Paris in the middle of Moscow, ultra-sophisticated and expensive. Apart of that I don't find a reason to go back here, I'm willing to pay for an expensive dish but the dish has to be like wow! this is f**gn glorius (I did pay for such situations, so I know why I say that)

Pros: If you like to dress to kill, if you like to see and be seen, Try new dishes, they are good at it

Cons: Bloody expensive, poor English for pretending being fancy, You could get same quality for less

Delicious But Expensive - Edit

I liked the interior of that place very much. The service spoke english and there was an english menue. The food was served very fast and was delicious. Also the place was very clean. Unfortunately the prices are very high.

Pros: Delicious, Clean, Friendly And Fast Service, English Menue

Cons: High Prices

very tasty, but VERY EXPENSIVE - Edit

Tasty food, great variety of smoothies, superfoods like chia seeds, acai berries and edamame availiable... For a Price. Loved the place, but don't think I'd be coming there very often.

Pros: tasty food, exotic superfoods, great design and atmosphere

Cons: high prices

Vegan Panna Cotta and other great stuff - Edit

A wonderful place! Yummy and mostly vegan fresh food with names like "Powerhouse", "Energy", "Buddha", "Dragon" and "Beach". All vegetable dishes can be combined with rice, buckwheat or soba noodles. Among the dishes I had here was "Buddha", consisting of Thai peanut sauce with marinated tofu cubes, tomato, cilantro, cucumber, bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, herbs and spices; I had the combination with with rice. Very tasty! Healthy and delicious salads, wraps, juices and smoothies, too. And great organic wine. But what I loved most were the desserts: all 100% vegan (yes, not even honey used) and absolutely fantastic. I only say: "Vegan Panna Cotta!".

Very friendly service, nice atmosphere, modern yet inviting interior.

Pros: great + healthy food, wonderful vegan desserts, nice staff

The New sexy - Edit

Thanks to fresh, I stayed healthy and sexy in Moscow!!
My TOP recommendation!!!

I will always come back whenever I am in Moscow :)
Love you

Pros: Some speak English, Super delicious food

Cons: Too canteen style for the price level, Closed rooms, no outside sitting or open

A must go for vegetarians - Edit

Too bad I only found Fresh at the end of my stay in Moscow. The food was delicious. I had the borscht soup and the mushroom burger and both were beyond delicious. The menu has a large selection of appetizers, salads, and hot dishes. There are menus in English and some of the staff spoke English perfectly. The restaurant is located within waling distance from Red Square and the Kremlin. I definitely recommend it and will for sure go back on my next visit to Moscow.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 24, 2013

Super healthy and delicious - Edit

This sleek new cafe serves delicious and nutritious healthy food. Most of the menu is vegan and includes gourmet salads, burgers, wraps and vegetable plates, with lots of fashionable 'superfoods'. The workers speak English and there is an English menu. I had a quinoa salad with sunflower sprouts, grilled tofu, seeds, goji berries and greens. It was exquisitely prepared and delicious. I also had a big soy smoothie with raspberry, banana and greens. Yum! It's very expensive though - I paid 900 roubles! But the food is very good, and it's restaurant service (not cafeteria counter service), so I guess it was worth it. It's a shame that healthy food comes at such a high price in our capitalist factory-farming world! Although I can't help wondering if the price also had something to do with the slightly intimidating 'healthy-sexy-trendy' atmosphere they've got going. I overhead someone talking about a 'business lunch' special when I was leaving - definitely ask about that if you go!

Pros: Delicious and healthy, Mostly vegan

Cons: Very expensive

Crispy and Original - Edit

it's not just models, editors, and other people, who translate "skinny" into "healthy" -- it's health-conscious people, who know the value of proper fuel for their bodies. excellent selection of smoothies, shakes and juices (including make-your-own-juice and a take-away option for 1liter bottle). all food can be prepared to go. Organic wine available. Excellent atmosphere and absolutely unbelievable, to-die-for dessert options. THE choice for vegans and vegetarians in Moscow

Healthy Is Sexy - Edit

Probably the best vegetarian restaurant in Moscow. Tasty, different, modern. Central location - across the street from Louis Vuitton. Great crowd - editors from Conde Nast nearby, fashionistas, models, yoga-enthusiasts, etc. Non smoking!

Pros: excellent food, good value, big portions

Return to Moscow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fresh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5650 times since Aug 2012.