Fresh First

Contact 954-763-3344

1637 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Serves meat, vegan options available. Gluten-free eatery and juicery in the city's yachting district. Under current ownership since 2015 and with a more vegan-friendly menu. Denotes the vegan items. Has vegan pancakes and waffles at breakfast. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by E.ART

Total Satisfaction - Edit

Being a vegan and gluten-free finding a breakfast with a wide variety of options is challenging. This place is a gem and an answer to my pancake craving. Their food is excellent, and the staff and owner are friendly and helpful. I cannot wait to come back for lunch.

Contributions +64

Awesome shop, such a great owner - Edit

Came with a group of friends at a convention and we could all eat in the same place, from vegan to meathead. Vegan fare was simply perfect. Homemade hot sauce swoon-worthy. Cocoa smoothie more like the.best.damned.chocolate.pudding.ever!!!! And what a kind, friendly open host (Illiana?) I tried to convince her to open up a shop in Los Angeles - we could use a place like this! Perfect place for everyone to eat together. Note: Happy cow won't let me give it 5 cows because meat is served but the place is worth 10 cows.

Pros: Owner! :), Hot Sauce From Scratch, Cocoa Smoothie (Pudding!)

Cons: absolutely nothing

Excellent Juice - Edit

I was pleased to find Fresh First open for breakfast with vegan menu choices. I ordered the Key West Tofu and enjoyed it. My favorite part of breakfast was a custom order green juice -- a great way to start the day!

Great food and Service - Edit

I went to this restaurant with my son who is vegan, my daughter who is celiac and my grandson who has dairy allergy. As you can probably tell, it is very hard to find a place where we can all eat and enjoy a family meal together. Fresh First had dishes for all of us and all were delicious!!! The vegan cookie and vegan ice cream were amazing and I could never tell they were vegan by their taste. I loved it all! We will be back when are back to Fort Lauderdale.

Pros: Service, Food taste, Food for all allergy types

Cons: Location

New Owners, more vegan items! - Edit

I'm vegan and they have many vegan and vegetarian options for breakfast and lunch including desserts! They are 100% gluten free and have many healthy choices for your friend who doesn't want to eat in a vegan restaurant. I love the Veganized Quinoa Burger. Raw Chocolate Turtles for dessert are a must! They make their mayo in-house and it's vegan and delicious!

Return to Fort Lauderdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Fresh First closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.