CLOSED: Fresh Choice - San Mateo

• Veg-friendly

Contact 650-341-8498

1952 S El Camino Real (at Hwy 92), San Mateo, California, USA, 94403

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of buffet chain. Large buffet and salad bar with labels for items that are veg. Entire chain reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kindlizard

as a last resort - Edit

This town offers very little to veggies and vegans. We went here as a place we felt like we had to. It is a typical cafeteria-style buffet, where you can eat a lot. I haven't eaten at a place like this since a Sweet Tomatoes years ago. Two good things: They clearly label Vegan items, sauces, veggies (which some must not be since some did and others didn't list as vegan, like maybe butter in taters?) and prepped dishes. The other is many of the veggies are presented as local and organic.

I did well here. It reminded me of a lot of how America eats, which is always an odd thing for me. But they did have available salads and rice available for me, which I appreciated and frankly needed in this desolate town.

I wouldn't suggest or not suggest, I wouldn't seek it out as a destination, but would remember it in case I needed it (which we did).

Pros: some local & og veggies, clearly labeled Vegan items, cheap

Cons: cheap, cafeteria

Return to San Mateo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Fresh Choice - San Mateo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 165 times since Feb 2009.